H22/H23 K20 Camshafs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bighavic

Hello everyone and thank you for the help in advance. Well here I go; I currently have a true JDM H23 Dohc Vtec(Blue Top) in my 1996 Honda Accord. I came accross a set of camshafts from a 2006 RSX-S with 50k on them. I understand that these camshafts are off a chain driven motor ( I also currently have a 05 RSX-S). What I''m asking is will they fit? I know the cam gears must be changed but is it worth swaping them from my h23 blue top ( NOT F20). Will I gain any power! What mods!! Thanks for the help!!!

mhmm i wass wondering the same thing..
sorry but if u have an rsx and an accord do you think u kan add the k20 vtec head on ur h23 bottom end?
if thats possible then that i kno will give u hp..=)

ummmmmmmmm i thought h series and k series motor spun in opposite directions .one clockwise the other counter closck wise . someone correct me if i am wrong

I think so, as the tranny is on the opposite side of all the other Honda motors, I could be wrong though.

Yes with the way that the motors are set up the k series is going with the rest of the car manufatures and spinning the correct way. Any other honda motor d, b, h or f will spim backwards. So unless you can change directions the cam timing will be all off on that swap.

Assuming the bearing surfaces will match between the heads and the cams, couldnt you clear up the timing issue with some adjustable cam gear?

Back