h22 hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ineedAlude

Hey, If I put an h22a in a 92-95 hatchback would it kill the handling and such or wouldnt it be that much different from a b16 or b18? I really wanna know if there are any dissadvantages of an h22 over a b16 or b18, cause i really like the torque, thanks

chuck

Yes it would definently kill your steering! You have to make room by removing yourr powersteering, you will have great inline speed, but you will have plenty of understeer too because of the extra weight from the engine. If the power means that much to you then go ahead and do it. But a little reminder is your AC will have to go as well. Also I have a friend who put an h22 in his 93 hb and it has got mad power, but the damn thing shakes like a freakin blender all the time. But it goes really fast, I havent seen in but he said he has an unconfirmed topspeed of 146mph with the new engine and new cams. Also if your car is already lowered, dont go with the h22, this just increase your steering problems.

the hasport mount kit allows you to keep AC/PS

the only way this swap messes with our stearing is if you don't do it right, i'm sick of people talking and still bringing this issue up. Don't use place racing mounts, and run the right spring rate and you will be fine. As for others don't keep sayin the stearing issue untill you yourself have driven a civic or teg with the swap that was done right. :fuckyou: nasayas

done right or done wrong handling still suffers
done wrong it suffers more
but an H22 equiped civic/integra will never handle as well as a B series equiped civic/integra can

if the car is for daily driving and drag racing then this will not be an issue
if you plan to use the car for events where the ability to turn is of great importance (autoX, road course, etc) it will be a major issue and will keep you from being competitive

Everytime I'm at the track, there is an ITR powered hatch, and an h22 powered hatch. They have similar mods, and the itr powered hatch hangs with the h22 all day long. The guy with the h22 told me that if he had to do it over again, he would go gsr or itr. He has problems snapping axles, and his car handles like fucking wet turd on a stick.

H22=overrated, huge headache. The only time I would ever use that engine is if it was in a prelude or an accord.

Hey thanks for the hasport info! I searched the web, but I didnt find any info saying there was a way to keep your AC/PS. I will definently keep that in mind.

I have a H22a in my 92 civic hatch. I took the power steering and AC out. The car does suffer somewhat in steering, but the straight away speed compensates or that. It really comes down to how much money you got. I paid $1800 for my Jap spec h22, aside from spending $3500-$4000 for a B18c5. I feel, if you have the money go for the type-R cause all in all, it will come out on top. But if youre like me and didnt have $4000 to drop on a Type-R, make sure you get a JDM h22a because of the beast ass gear ratios, it helps compensate for the weight of the engine. :)

hell yea jdm see i dont no why people say dont go with the H22a it kicks ass my civic runs stronge as hell who needs ac and ps when u have a 13 sec civic that will keep up with m3's and to solve your handleing problems get integra type r suspension with sways and strut bars both front and rear

Back