h22 hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicvx

i have a 92 civic hatch vx and i am getting a jdm h22a in two months,i want to go all motor and i am wanting to get as much as i can out of it. i want some ideas to get more out of the motor and make it faster. it will be a daily driver so i really don't want to go all out and spend like 10-15k on it plus i don't have that kind of money :unsure:. i was planning on port and polish,with all ports matcched, extrude honing the intake manifold, jdm type-s pistons,but that is about as far as i have gottign so far so if you guys could give me some advise i would be greatful.

port the head to holy hell, get some big ass cams with valve train to hold them, bump the compression to 12:1 with a real piston, and i/h/e to flow this air, and some fuel mods to feed it, and you will make some good power

i am wanting to keep it at 11:1 (jdm tyoe-s are) so that i can run it on pump gas, other than that i was thinking about the skunk2 stage 1 cams, underdrive pulleys, either the euro-r accord or jdm type-s intake manifold. i have no power steering and won't have a/c so that will drop some weight so that will help me other than that i am still not sure on what else.

Don't get the Euro-R manifold. It requires extensive work and modification to make it fit. Get a Type S or hold out for the Skunk2.

I'd advise going with the Type S pistons with Type S rings. They're a direct replacement, you can get them in a stock bore or .025 over for rehoning, and don't require a resleeve of the block.

if you dont feel like waiting for skunk2's intake manifold and you're willing to pay $700 you can look around the internet for STR's Pro Drag Intake Manifold. but theirs a possiblity due to the size of the intake manifold you might have to alter the hood cuz its pretty huge.

well i won't have the motor till dec and plan to get everything done and bought by about mid june of '04 and put it in then so waiting till the skunk2 comes out is not a prob

Back