H22 Head On A H23a1 Block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bschilling88

I have a H22 engine and the block that has a spun bearing in it. I have a H23A1 block and I want to put the H22 head on it. I was wondering if anyone knew what kind of Horsepower I would get out of it if it was all stock components??

The head from a H22 200HP stock engine and the H32A1 block underneath it from a 160 HP engine. Let me know what you think about this and what complications I might run into. After built, it is getting dropped into a 88 CRX SI with nos for now.

B

Thanks. I was reading that the other day and it helped out a bit. If you find anything more out about the horsepower it will produce keep me posted.

B

It really depends on how you build it. There's no way to tell what kinds of numbers you can expect. Obviously, if you build it correctly, you should be pushing at least 200hp at the crank, if not more due to the extra displacement. But the only way you can tell is, get it dynoed after you build it.

Alright cool. Thanks. Do you have any other info on this swap I want to do, and if I will run into prooblems and if so what? I have heard both good and bad so any input will be helpful. Thanks.

B

Hey, whats up B? Glad to see you on the board finally. I was reading in a post somewhere that Hondaswap is planning on putting up a tutorial on how this "head swap" is done. I belive that you'd want to use the H22 head gasket. I think thats what I heard. And I also belive that if built right, you should be puching at least 200 hp possibly more. I'll help you out and we'll figure out how to sqeeze as much out of it as possible.

Back