H22 Head on F22a1 block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

calmfornow

System Failure Racing
ok, i know there is a lot of threads about h22 swaps. and i know if i want to do the head i should do the whole engine. but i got the H22 head for free, and i do not know if it will fit on easily on the count since it will be a SOHC block with the DOHC head. and transfering it to a VTEC also. What will i need to do...new ECU? or anything like that or just modding it and will it fit. i know u guys have helped me out god knows how much with getting it running but since i have this head i would love to put it to good use

As far as I know, no SOHC head will fit on a DOHC block. I could be wrong, but as far as I'm aware of, none will fit. It's be like putting a c1 head on an a6 block

As far as I know, no SOHC head will fit on a DOHC block. I could be wrong, but as far as I'm aware of, none will fit. It's be like putting a c1 head on an a6 block

Nope, it actually is doable in some cases, the F/H-series being a good example. You can put a dual cam F22 head or H23 head (which are pretty much the same thing) onto a single cam F22 block pretty easily. You can do the H22 head onto a single came F22 block as well, although it's not just a bolt-on swap.

Edit: I just noticed you actually said SOHC head on a DOHC block; I assume that's a typo and you meant the other way around? That's what the OP is wanting to do, and that's what I'm describing above.

Last edited:
Nope, it actually is doable in some cases, the F/H-series being a good example. You can put a dual cam F22 head or H23 head (which are pretty much the same thing) onto a single cam F22 block pretty easily. You can do the H22 head onto a single came F22 block as well, although it's not just a bolt-on swap.

Edit: I just noticed you actually said SOHC head on a DOHC block; I assume that's a type and you meant the other way around? That's what the OP is wanting to do, and that's what I'm describing above.

Then I stand highly corrected, and I thank you for the correction. Actually, it was a typo and I meant DOHC head on SOHC block.

Back