1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H22 Head on F22a1 block

Discussion in 'Accord' started by calmfornow, Nov 28, 2007.

1. calmfornow

calmfornow System Failure Racing

ok, i know there is a lot of threads about h22 swaps. and i know if i want to do the head i should do the whole engine. but i got the H22 head for free, and i do not know if it will fit on easily on the count since it will be a SOHC block with the DOHC head. and transfering it to a VTEC also. What will i need to do...new ECU? or anything like that or just modding it and will it fit. i know u guys have helped me out god knows how much with getting it running but since i have this head i would love to put it to good use

2. daveholiday

daveholiday Do work

As far as I know, no SOHC head will fit on a DOHC block. I could be wrong, but as far as I'm aware of, none will fit. It's be like putting a c1 head on an a6 block

3. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Nope, it actually is doable in some cases, the F/H-series being a good example. You can put a dual cam F22 head or H23 head (which are pretty much the same thing) onto a single cam F22 block pretty easily. You can do the H22 head onto a single came F22 block as well, although it's not just a bolt-on swap.

Edit: I just noticed you actually said SOHC head on a DOHC block; I assume that's a typo and you meant the other way around? That's what the OP is wanting to do, and that's what I'm describing above.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  4. daveholiday

daveholiday Do work

Then I stand highly corrected, and I thank you for the correction. Actually, it was a typo and I meant DOHC head on SOHC block.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted