h22 idling problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

97h22dxcoupe

when i start it up it wont stay idling ,ive replaced the throttle body and tps and map sensor ,but it still stalls out when i let go of the gas pedal ??????:confused::confused: by the way its a 97 civic dx swap

Last edited:
I am having the exact issue out of my h22a4 In my ef She will crank up and drive yet when. She warms up and I engage the clutch. She idles down and dies. At 900-1200 rpms the oil light will flicker. I need advice ASAP

Which ECU are you running. I was having similar issues with my p13 JDM ECU on mine, but when i swapped it to a chipped p72, it was all better.

idling problems

im using a p28 skunk 2 ecu on a h22a1 jdm i changed timing belt and water pump double checked timing ,its all good but when i give it alttle gas it revs up and down quickly ????then stoles out ...

Last edited:
Please fill us in on the steps you took to ensure the the timing (both electrical and mechanical) was in good shape.

And....for the third time....any engine codes?

first thing was before i changed timing i marked all my cam gears and crank gear before removal as well as balancer then swapped out the hydralic tensioner to the manuel tenioner then put on new water pump . then put on new timing belt and balancer belt then fired it up ,it idled but real low then when it warmed up it would stall out so i replaced the throttle body cuz fitv was bad and replaced tps still the same problem,thought maybe the fuel system ,but i put new injectors and fuel filter and walboro fuel pump, now it has a hard timie starting up dew to fuel getting to the cylinders, dont know what to do now, NEED HELP BAD ?????:confused:

And what about the electronic timing steps?

Do you need to jump the service connector to permanently change the distributor timing like I must in my OBD1 92 Civic?

And........4th time.......Any ENGINE CODES?

Distributor getting tired?

it wont stay idling to do so,it will idle for a second then die ?? ,so yes i hav"nt timed the ignition yetany idea"s.... my engine codes are 6,8,14

Last edited:
Top Dead Center sensor

Coolant temp sensor

And IACV sensor

Check wiring and/or buy new parts. I would do both

Back