h22 in 90 accord ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok. So why is it bad to go for both? I drove my boosted accord to Canada and back. Made 32mpg without any issues as well.

i could do both i can buy an h22 put it in build up both f22's i have but i dont know alot about turbo's i never owned a turbo car so i could try and build one i suppose and there isnt alot of places around here that does imports

that would be hard to do because he has an automatic

That could be part of the answer. Honda automatics pretty much suck. The stick shift version of the same car is usually quite a bit quicker, and lots more responsive...

im pretty much set on the h22 id rather get the motor and then dump like 2 or 3 grand into it i think it would deff out perform the f series

I think he just likes to ask questions...

As well as a hundred other questions that you asked then didnt want the answer to so you change your question.....Theres enough info now for you in this thread, close it up! IBTL :)

yea.....i would say close it up....this thread is raped and abused now......for an easy answer but not the best overall is that......the F22 is more reliable than the H22, but im throwing an H22 in my accord because i have an H22 in my garage and my stock F22 hit 373000 last night.........but yea, lower power but F22 is a little more reliable.......now for the prelude bein slower.....it doesnt matter if its auto or not, he could suck so much that his reaction time is that horrible....or his trans is screwed....but yea F22=more reliable now i think this thread is raped enough and could use a break

How is the F22 more reliable? If you're talking stock versus stock, then either one of them are pretty reliable. They are Honda motors afterall. I don't understand why people are always asking "if I swap this motor in my car will it still be reliable?" I don't know, are you gonna half-ass the wiring and not give the engine a tune-up and run 87 octane when you're supposed to run premium and put a 150 shot of nitrous on it and beat the piss out of it? Then no, it probably won't be reliable...

If you do a quality install and take care of your new engine just like you would the stock engine then it should be just as reliable. It's that simple...

well look at it this way. you could spend thousands of dollars to try and build an h22. or u could put same amount of money as u would in the h22, like motor, harness, ecu, and bolt ons, in the f22 and have the same results.

but to answer ur ? the h22 is a reliable swap if u do it right. but i cant say its the wisest.

well look at it this way. you could spend thousands of dollars to try and build an h22. or u could put same amount of money as u would in the h22, like motor, harness, ecu, and bolt ons, in the f22 and have the same results.

An F22 on bolt-ons really isn't gonna get to far...

in the long run a built h22 is going to be faster then a built f22
true, but in the short run the f22 is. If the plan is to fully build the engine, then the diffrence is minimal or nonexistant. It all comes down to, as it always does, what are your plans for the car and how deep are your pockets. A cheap, easy, reliable swap would be IMO the f22 if for no other reason the the FRM sleeves the h22 has will over time wear the rings out.

No doubt if you build both the H will be faster, that wasnt the point. The point is a H22 swap or turbo the F22, which is better? Just swapping the H22 in will not beat a ghetto turbo'd F22, plain and simple. If you dont care about speed and just have a boner for the H22(which you OBVIOUSLY do), then do it. It will be quick but you will be destroyed by the first FI F22 accord you come across.

i plan on building it up ...look this is my first import im new at this i dont know about turbos sleeves ecu tunning ect.. there isnt places close me that do performance work ...and id love to have a turbo but for me to get the f22 turbo'd id have to spend like 2500 to have the closest place do it for me and that dont include pistons so either i get raped there or do the h22 swap unless some one on here can point me in the right direction to find good pistons and a good turbo kit i mean ill do some research so im not spoon fed but i would need a some pointers may

Last edited:
Back