h22 in 92 hatch lighting problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TKNOLA

I have a 92 hatchback with an 01 h22a4 swap, and recently I've been having troubles with my corner lights and tail lights. When I switch the lights on one click, nothing comes on... Two clicks, the headlights come on. Then after a while, if I let my car warm up, and kinda idle the car around 2-2500 RPM the corner lights and tail lights will come on. Signals / emergency and brake lights work fine, but just the running lights are acting funny, they take a while to come on... any suggestions?

WEIRD! lol. Well...could there be a short from a wire getting clipped during the swap? Not sure when this started happening to your car. Warmed up and workign makes me think a relay under the dash.....warming up and working....sorry...hopefully someone else will chime in.

i agree with it sounds like a shorted out wire or something just do a continuity test on all the wires and make sure theres no shorts anywhere but that is kinda strange that they turn on when its warmed up

mine cx dose the same thing crazy lol and there is no short i thought about changing the part out but i just let it chill for a bit then they come on lol or push on the handle.

You need to replace the headlight switch,the problem is the "flash to pass" part of the switch,contacts wear down,and eventually stop workin.Also check the ground junction on both sides of the headlights,10mm bolt holds them down.

Back