H22 in a 00 Civic si (help please! :( )

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brunowm

Okay gentleman, bear with me. My husband has a 2000 civic si and he had a motor swap done with an H22a. The car is not running real well now, a really shitty job was done on the swap itself i think. The car has actually been sitting for about 6 months also because we ended up having to move and left the car in Tn (we are in ca now) with a friend because the swap wasnt done in time. Anyway, My husband went to pick up the car and drive it back to cali and he's havng a problem with it running really rich (like 8 miles to a gallon of gas). He needs to get it fixed up right in kinda a hurry. Anybody ever experience this before with a motor swap? Or have any suggestions? Help a girl out please!!!!!!

Okay here is some additional info i got. It is a new P28 ecu with a hondata s200 something. He also has a P13 ecu that was hooked up before and probably still works too. The car is running good, except for the 8 miles to a gallon thing, and there is black smoke comng from exhaust. Is this something that could be just tweaked as there seem to be no other problems than that? Sorry for my lack of knowledge. My hubby doesnt have internet access so i am playing the messenger and am not car inclined at all. I appreciate any help. It should count as your good deed for the week to help me. :)

tell him to have the car brought to a dyno and put on a wideband o2 and tuned. youve got the hondata to do it.

If its untuned, for now try using the p13 & see if makes any difference. Ifs running rich off the stock ecu w/ no cels them somethings up.

Thanks a lot. He went and had it tuned. Ran super good for about 30 minutes, until his hood broke apart and crashed through the front windshield.

Back