H22 In A 6th Gen Accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dodger

Does anyone can tell me if an h22a engine can fit in an accord ex 1998 ?? I know it can be easy fit in a 5th gen accord but i don't find any info for the 6th gen. I want to know if engine mount can be use or it need all new mount.

thanks

It's just as easy as a swap into a 94-97 Accord. It's into a chassis that already has an inline-4 in it, right? Just make sure you get an OBD2 H22A.

What is the difference between OBD1 H22A and ODB2 h22a ?? Do you know if the engine fit in the original engine mount or it take custom mount??
Do you think, american engine can be a better choice because it easy to find remplacement part ??

thanks

An OBD1 H22A came in 92-95 Preludes.
An OBD2 H22A came in 96-01 Preludes.

It will fit in the engine compartment with just a minor adjustment to the driver's side mount. You can use the other three Accord mounts without a problem.

I'd get a JDM engine, since 1) it's cheaper 2) it's more powerful 3) parts are completely interchangeable between USDM and JDM H22's

Alright alright, so I was exaggerating. But hell, it's so damn close, who cares? :) And like you said, you can even use Accord parts for God's sake.

also, there are more differences than the year between the obd1 h22a and the obd2 h22a. if you SERIOUSLY plan on going boost, not just piddle fuckin around with the idea, id say get the obd1 h22a because of the closed block design, where the obd2 h22a is open deck. and yes, you will find a jdm h22a cheaper than a usdm h22a pretty much every day of the week. This is where i got mine, i dare you to find somewhere cheaper with a good name!

I was thinking about swapping a OBD2 H22A into my 99 accord lx, but I am pondering two options. I have been on the search for a forced induction unit for the current H23, but find very little and very expensive units. So I am wondering if it would be cheaper to swap the stock H23 with a JDM H22A and then buy a cheaper prelude forced induction setup. Any opinions as to the best / most effecient / most powerful ways to go?? Thanks for the feedback.

Back