H22 in a 89 civic hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nosaholic

:blink: Hi everyone I have a 89 civic hatch and just bought a H22 A1 and want to know if anyone has done this swap and what will I need to install? Also does anyone have the parts I need for sale? I'm also looking to find a company that sells different final drive gear ( like the ring and pinion in a rear wheel drive car) Thanks for all and any help

should've done your research.

I heard this is a hard swap for that era of civics. I was going to go this route myself, but it ended up being to much $$$.

clearance is your main issue. youll need to cut and hammer out alot and may need to place your hood with a cowl induct peice depending on your mounting the motor.slim fan and radiator are a must, custom mounts and axles are a must aswell. there are a few siute that outline the swap but i dont know them now. i was going to do this swap til i got into eg hatches. wiring will have to be custom. id go to a junk yard and get a car harness from a prelude and mount that into the civic. do a little research to find those site that are helpful.good luck man!!

I have the whole prelude. I can weld and do some metal fabing. Was hoping that someone made the mounts already.

Place racing makes H-series engine mounts, axle sets, and cable actuater stuff for shift linkage can be found atJdmhondaparts.com check under - engine products - bolt in kits - place racing

my friend did this swap....he regrets not putting a b series in and using the rest of money to boost it or other mods.......good luck

i dont know how crazy ur plannin on gettin with the h22 in ur ef, but all i can tell you is GOOD LUCK with gettin traction man. that motor does have more power, but with all the shit ur gonna half to encounter to make the shit hall decently....id say hit up the b-series and save urself some trouble, money, and time....but good luck with it if u plan on pursuing the swap.

Back