H22 In A 94-2001 Gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VuDuDuOnU

my friend wants to know if it would be better if he can swap a 96 integra (b18c1) to a h22, he wants to know if it is possible also wuh do u guys think

It's very possible.

There's actually quite a lot of threads on this if you search the forums.

What it comes down to is what do you want your car to do that the B18c1 can't do and how much money are you willing to spend?

The H22a will cost you ~$2500 plus ~$650 for the H series mount kit, plus another $500-$1000 to have it installed probably.
The motor is larger and weighs about 70 lbs more than a B series.

You can bore and resleeve the B series out to 84mm (1.97 liter?) for 1/2 as much as just the engine for the H22 would be. (about $1100).

If you plan on running Turbo you will lose your air conditioning and it will be hard to keep your power steering. I'm not sure but you might even lose AC with a non-turbo application, because the engine is so large. There's some people trying to develop ways to keep these options as we speek, but for now that seems to be how it is.

My own opinion? Don't do it. Keep the B18c1 & spend the $4000 tuning it, or boosting it (whatever you prefer.)
The USDM h22a is only 25 more horsepower than the B18c1.

^^^^^^^what he said

if he already has a GSR there really isnt a point in swapping to an H22 in there... just build up the B18C1 thats in there now... if he puts the money into the B18C1 that it would cost him to put in an H22 he will be faster anyway

i type too slow :(

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jan 2 2003, 05:28 PM
if he already has a GSR there really isnt a point in swapping to an H22 in there... just build up the B18C1 thats in there now... if he puts the money into the B18C1 that it would cost him to put in an H22 he will be faster anyway

:werd: thats what I said.

Back