H22 in a 94+ Integra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

you won't have to cut anything. just get the mounts from hasport and it will drop in. you might have to pound a little on the firewall though. it's a tight fit.

Quoted post[/post]]
you won't have to cut anything. just get the mounts from hasport and it will drop in. you might have to pound a little on the firewall though. it's a tight fit.

What all would be needed to swap it into the car? From what i was told you need to cut a bunch of shit out and that once you swap a h22 into a GSR you can't go back to anything else. Is that true?

i'm not too sure if thats true.. you can do anything to a car... like put a h22 in an integra.. :laugh: so i'm sure if you replace the original mounts and axles then i dont see why you couldnt

Quoted post[/post]]
i'm not too sure if thats true.. you can do anything to a car... like put a h22 in an integra.. :laugh: so i'm sure if you replace the original mounts and axles then i dont see why you couldnt

I just need to know what all you would need to do to make sure that it would fit with no problems. It's a h22a4 and he is looking to putting it into a 94 GSR so he can take his GSR motor out and sell the car. Anyone know anything?

if he is going to swap motors, i wouldn't spend money on an h22. i would just put an ls motor into it and save the money. h22 swaps are a pain in the ass. don't mess with it. you will be thankful when you don't.

Alright, you'll need the H22 w/ tranny (not the ATTS one), new motor mounts, axles (H22 inners with integra axles and outers), new shift cables and shifter (from the prelude/accord), resistor box for injectors and the H22 wiring harness. You're gonna have to cut and solder the harness because some things are located in different locations between the B and H series motors (i.e., alternator).

What you're talking about once you go to an H series motor you can't go back, is because you have to cut a hole in your shifter tunnel to make the prelude/accord shifter work. Once you have that big ass hole, you'd have to weld in a piece of sheet metal and cut a b-series size hole... but you can go back.

Hope this answers your question.

Quoted post[/post]]
Alright, you'll need the H22 w/ tranny (not the ATTS one), new motor mounts, axles (H22 inners with integra axles and outers), new shift cables and shifter (from the prelude/accord), resistor box for injectors and the H22 wiring harness. You're gonna have to cut and solder the harness because some things are located in different locations between the B and H series motors (i.e., alternator).

What you're talking about once you go to an H series motor you can't go back, is because you have to cut a hole in your shifter tunnel to make the prelude/accord shifter work. Once you have that big ass hole, you'd have to weld in a piece of sheet metal and cut a b-series size hole... but you can go back.

Hope this answers your question.

so it's just like i said, h22 swaps are a pain in the ass. find a b series long block and do a swap. 1/2 a day at the most.

What IS this guys plans for the car? If he's just gonna sell it, then yeah, just drop an LS in it and be done with it. But the original post just asks if an H22 can fit into an integra without cutting, which the answer is no. You have to cut the tunnel for the shift cables to work.

Back