H22 in an EF

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ConeCruncher

i have a 91 civic si
how hard would it be to put an H22 in that
its obd1 with an lsd tranny

i do already have an h22 thats why i was asking...i knew there would be alot of fab work just wasnt sure how much...i agree an h22 is definetly not the best way for power in EF. you can pic up a b16 complete swap for less than $2000 and its a pretty simple swap and a great place to start. but thanks for the info on the h22 into EF chassis....and oh yeah..it is an obd1 h22.

the h22 is in my prelude and im gonna sell the whole car and buy an EG or trade for an EG im just gonna build the civic for autocrossing or if i can figure out how to put that wagon awd drive train under the hatch then i might rallycross it...but getting an EG is first priority

The H22 in an EF is a real bitch. There is really only one company that makes a "reliable" kit, and that is Place Racing. The place racing kit is horrible, by the way, you need to do some cutting of your engine bay, weld in some mounts, and brackets. Then you have to deal with the shift cable linkage, and all the other normal h22 into a hatch problems, radiator, fan. You will loose your A/C for sure if you have it. That is not even dealing with the wiring iissues that you are going to have to deal with. IMO it is not worth it, you can get a B series in that car for a lot less effort and a lot less work and frustration. I agree with whoever said sell the H22, so sell the H22 and get a GSR.

looks like i might have found someone to give me an EG for my EF and some cash....if that works out i wont have the EF anymore anyways then im gonna need a swap for the EG....i think a B16B is what i wanna do...we'll see

Back