H22 in civic, don't want to use h22 ecu

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

killercannible

I know i can use a chipped p28 or even a stock gsr or p30 but i am worried about fuel flow. What should i use, Remember i don't want to shell out for hondatta, (i'm doing an h swap in an ek thats enough cash)

I have this mag of Sport compact car from september where they put a H22 in a CRX. They used a P28 with a hondata s200 system and they made it work just like a H22 ecu. It even opened up the Iab i think there called.

Originally posted by drpenguin@Sep 23 2005, 05:30 PM
I have this mag of Sport compact car from september where they put a H22 in a CRX. They used a P28 with a hondata s200 system and they made it work just like a H22 ecu. It even opened up the Iab i think there called.
[post=559518]Quoted post[/post]​

If all they did was make a P28 work just like a P13... :roll:

Yeah i guess i dont know im not a H22 guy. If he doesnt want to run the p13 then i dont know what he is gonan run. If your worried about fuel get the ecu for the car otherwise quit being a pennie pincher and get a hondata or better yet have Sol burn you a custom chip for the H22. you can do that right? well anyways its always best to go with the ecu for the motor. I member i put a 89Si ecu in my b16 rex. it ran but like shit!

Yeah. Unless you are automatic.

If you have a manual tranny, which I'm sure you do:

Run the P13, or for tuning purposes run a P28 or P72.

The P28 doesn't have the knock board, or IAB control unless it is programmed. The P72 has a knock board, which can be disabled, and is setup to run the IAB's.

It's all in the burn, and what you want. Unmodified, use the P13.

p13's suck. i wouldn't recommend them for anything but a STOCK swap. if you plan to do anywork, you should move to the p72.

p28's can't be "programmed" to operate IAB. physical board modifications need to be made. all the circuitry is present on the board, though used on the p28 for different purpose than iab control. but its a pain in the ass.cuz obd1/2 and jdm/usdm/edm motors and iab sensors have their own quirks, and must be set up slightly differently.

http://www.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/view/Library/AddIABToP28
http://forum.pgmfi.org/viewtopic.php?t=3365

frankly, its just not worth the time, effort, or hassel of doing it when you can just buy a damn p72 in the first place. my opinion, of course.

Back