h22 in civic ek, header

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTECPOWER

I remember a while back someone posted a topic about this and there was a header designed for this swap and the header produced lots more power over the dc sports header, ive tried searching but have not found it, if anyone knows where it is the info would be apreciated,
thanks

EDIT: also what kind of exhaust would you recommend for this swap? it will be custom exhaust, mandrel bent, either 2.25" or 2.5", plans are for all motor h22 in a civic.

hmmm, h22 stock header is suspossed to flow pretty well...

and nope, no idea...
but i would advise for the 2.5 over the 2.25...

uh, i'm not sure on that one...
perhaps a stock header off the H22 type s?

every header i have ever seen for the H22 was a copy of the stock header...

i remember a header designed for a h22 in a 92-00 civic and it made very nice numbers, just i havent been able to find it again, the stock header would be a jdm obd2 h22, so would it be the h22a4?

AN-R? My roommate had one, it was badass...he never ran it though...only test fitted it...sold it to go turbo

It looked badass though....

the an-r header looks good, ive read up to 15whp on a h22 in a civic, but i believe ive read i cannot keep a/c, is this true?

Dude, I would recommend you get custom headers made for your swap. You can get 4-1 headers made.

Also, I agree with dude on the size of the pipe for the exhaust. I do a 2.5" pipe rather than a 2.25" pipe.

Here's a link for the custom headers -

Custom Headers

ok, i think i have most of the information on this swap, now i may have a few questions, please correct me if i am wrong, i will need.... Mounts (Avid h22 in ek), axles (avid) w/ the intermediate shaft (90-93 prelude?), and the avid shift linkage, also if i want to keep a/c which i would like to i need a bracket to use my d16 compressor i believe hcp makes one? Is there anything else i will need to complete this swap? I would also like to keep power steering, do i need any radiator hoses or misc things and such?

So does anyone know the complete list of what i will need for the obd2 h22 to go into my ek? besides the avid mounts, linkage, and axles?

Back