H22 in civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Pewble

Im thinking about a b16 or a h22 in my civic i really want h22 but how bad will that effect handling compared to the b16? also consider i will get progress coilovers that compensate for the extra h22 weight. I will still handle real good right? (95 DX Sedan)

if u put the H22a in u cant lower the car for nothing. the motor sits low enough as is i suggest do integra suspension with brakes and then just some rims and front and rear sway bars as well as front and rear strut bars.

I thinking of doing the same I saved up money and my descison was to get b16a2 Sir for my 98 lx , but now I'm thinking of a H22, becasue no one around here in Buffalo has one, so i'm thinking of doing it. And everyone is saying that the car will not handle good becasue the engine sits unevenly.And its too heavy. Well thats just peoples opinions,,, but no one really nows for sure. Becasue there is a 6th generation hatch in the superstreet magezine with a H22 in it with a custom turbo, and he uses that car for auto x, basically like a road coarse. SO if he has a H22 with a turbo and does auto x then that means that the car does handle fine........... And I didn't see "Pewble" say he was thinking of a a GSR, I only saw b16 or H22. And He wants info for the swap, and so do I, so I think anyone that nows how to put a H22 into a civic should share there info becasue there are alot of people that would like to this swap. Saying screw both and get a GSR does not HELP anything. He can do a B16, b18, B18c1, b18c5, H22, ls/vtec, K20, etc. but the thing is he didn't ask which engine should he do. Why should he spend $2900+ for a 185hp, ???torque, when he can spend $2900+ for and engine that has 200hp, and 161 ftLb torque. B16 is that way to go if you don't want to spend alot, but if you are going to spend more than why not do something different. Please share some info because I would like to now whats involved.

HERE YOU GO, I was just searching for info on the H22 swap and i found this, click or copy and paste this link. Its evrything you need and need to now for the swap into your 5th generation. And for those with 6th generation civics, just click or copy and paste this link and scroll all the way down to the bottom and there will be info for the 6th gn civic also. Man this is all I wanted to find, HOPE this info stays on this forum, becasue it will answer alot of H22 swap questions.

http://h22acivic.com/9295H22aswap.phtml

thats crap ... if you use the hasport kit you can keep both the AC and PS .... (unless you go turbo)

well between the two I would say the b16, since its cheaper, you can upgrade the bottom to a 1.8 easy or upgrade the bottom of an ls to take 84mm sleeves so that you have a little over 2 liters of displacement.

the problem with the H is that there isn't as much aftermarket abundance of parts as for the B series, kind of like different cam choices, manifolds..etc..

I mean, do what you want and make sure you get advice from peeps that have done it.

Wow hondadriver. go nuts lol.... but yea i actually am thinking of a GS-R i just left it out i guess i was really thinking GS-R or H22 but i know my friends b16 in his 3500 LB Sedan would be nice in my 2200 coupe. GS-R = All the better just a little more costly. i think it would be worth it to go GSR instead of b16 for torque and higher redline. i used a b16 to compare with a h22 since i know a b16 and b18 compared to the H22 are somewhat similar. anyways preach on dude

Back