h22 in delsol for $3500-$4000?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

s4is3

I want to swap in an h22 into a 93 delsol and a shop quoted me for 3500-4000. I was just wondering if you guys think that is good or is it too high. The price is for everything swapped over including engine and all parts required. They also said I could get a b18c1 for about the same price swapped into the del sol too. Which one do you guys think is better? I mainly just want straight ahead acceleration.

I want to swap in an h22 into a 93 delsol and a shop quoted me for 3500-4000. I was just wondering if you guys think that is good or is it too high. The price is for everything swapped over including engine and all parts required. They also said I could get a b18c1 for about the same price swapped into the del sol too. Which one do you guys think is better? I mainly just want straight ahead acceleration.

The B18C will be a better match for your chassis. The H22 will get you the acceleration you want but it will also weigh down the front of your car and cause some handling problems that you'll have to deal with by upgrading your suspension.

I'd go for the B18C if I were you, it's a better match to your car in my opinion, and there's more parts available.

bah, i would just get a b16 and turbo it for that price. it would be a lot more fun and be faster to. easier swap also.

ok then. well would it be any harder to swap in a b18c vs b18c1 or b16a? Im thinking about doing it myself if its not too hard.

and does anyone also knoe where i can get a good deal on a b18c or b18c1....gsr or type r swap...

The B18C will be a better match for your chassis. The H22 will get you the acceleration you want but it will also weigh down the front of your car and cause some handling problems that you'll have to deal with by upgrading your suspension.

I'd go for the B18C if I were you, it's a better match to your car in my opinion, and there's more parts available.

Your talking 100 lbs heavier TOPS.... if your not dealing with the head ack of the swap, go pay for the h22. Its go mad tq. If your installing it your self, go with a b, its alot easier, and with a b20 block, you can get pretty close tq wise to the h22

the b20 vtec has more torque than a stock b18c5 ( type-r ) so if it is torque that you are wanting i would do as said above and go with it,but if you are willing to spend the possible $4000 on a h22 swap i would deffinatly do a b16turbo or a ls/vtec turbo for that price and you will be walking car lengths on a h22 del sol without any problems.

Or you can get the adapter plater to mate a b16 tranny on h22 and then you will most likely have a 13's del sol all motor with a stock motor. I do believe 4,000 is much for a h22 swap but if your not doing it yourself than I understand the price. Shops have bills that need to be paid.

Back