H22 In My Integra 97

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Victa_G

ok... my 97 integra ls is too slow, and the GSR engine is expensive.

the h22 is cheaper, and i've seen kits to make it bolt into my integra.

so here's my questions/discussion topics?

1. has anybody used one of the said kits to bolt an h22 into an integra, and if so, does it work as well as its supposed to (the one i've seen says it's a direct bolt on, and allows you to keep your power steering and air conditioning.

2. i've heard that if you want to swap the pistons in an h22, it needs to be resleaved. is that true?

3. can you bore out an h22a without comprimising the strength too much? in this case does it need resleaving?

4. am i just better off goin with a gsr engine?

I really want to stay na, the goal is not a pure race car, but rather a high performance street car (and daily drivability is a consideration). i'm just tryin to get a feel for this option as opposed to my other which is a built gsr with a 100 shot of n20. i just think it might be neat to try somthing a little different (i know the h22 swap isn't real original, but i have yet to see one in an integra).

thanks

I think your better off with question 4, go with gsr. With the gsr motor it just bolts right in and with the H22 you will run into problems. What I heard is that h22 swap will cost more than b series swap. But if you want to try then why not.

You only need to resleeve if you're using forged pistons. If you're using aftermarket cast pistons, or any OEM Honda pistons, you'll be OK.

Back