H22 Installment?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by goofyme@May 24 2003, 10:39 PM
I aint gotta prove shit to you...believe it or not it's up to your ignorant ass...i dont gives a rat's ass...but to the person that is looking for info is also up to you too...and yes you should ask around with a couple people for second opinion...cuz some people in the forum is just plane stupid...

:lol: MORON!

please, for everybody's sake... learn how to use a fucking elipsis properly.

That really doesn't prove anything, as the 89-91 CRX SiR, the Civic SiR, and the Integra XSi are in the table as well and they are OBD0 for sure. All that table says is that you can wire an OBD1 ECU into that chassis, not that the chassis it self is OBD1. Elsewhere in the same site they have the OBD1 cutoff at 92 for all vehicles.

Can ANYONE provide hard evidence that 90-91 Accords are OBD1? Erick's Racing says they're OBD0, so I'll believe them until someone else proves differently.

Oh, by the way goofyme....English is the preferred language of this board. Learn to speak it.

Yes, I have proof to end this arguement. I pulled the ecu out of my 90 accord and found it to be obd1. The plug on the ecu itself looks exactly like the obd1 plug on the hondata site. I have taken pictures of it and also the numbers on the side of the ecu. I will post them by this week.

I guess the last question then is, are you sure it's a 90 Accord? It's not THAT dumb a question, people have been known to fuck these things up.

Originally posted by lsvtec@May 27 2003, 10:38 AM
... and that the harness is unmodified?

:werd:

Has anyone tried a call into a Honda dealer to see if any tech's can answer this?

Yes, im sure it is a 90, the vin number shows it and also, on the title, its a 90 lx 5spd. This car hasn't been modified at all, except fo the previous dumb owner to paint the valve cover yellow along with the wiper blade, on a brown car.

According ( :) ) to hondaautomotiveparts.com the 92-93 Accord DX and LX all used the same ECU. The 92-93 Accord EX used a different one from the DX and LX, but it is the same between the two years. The interesting part is that the ECU's changed from 90-91 and then again from 91-92 (when the OBD standards were put in place). The same pattern is followed no matter what trim level you look at. I only looked at the 49 state legal version, not the Cali version (Honda had a California version of most of their cars). This suggests that your car could be one of these Cali versions if it is indeed equipped with OBD1 hardware (if that is what the Cali version had???), to me any ways. This also suggests that the non Cali versions did not get OBD1 hardware until 92.

Well fuck, the Honda dealers aren't very helpful either.

The guys in Longmont told me that Accords never came OBD1 (that 93 and older were OBD0, and 94-97 were OBD2). Fucktards. I laughed and hung up.

The boys in Boulder were a little more helpful, but I don't think I believe them either. They told me that 93 and older were OBD0 (which meshes with what the guys in Longmont told me, but I don't know if I believe it) and that 94-95 Accords were OBD1, and switched to OBD2 in 96.

So, I suppose that doesn't help too much. I suppose we're still at an impasse.

Kinda like my trip to Furious Performance Parts in Longmont...
Clerk: Can I help you?
Me: (After walking in and seeing that everything they have is for a Mustang or NAAAWWWWSSSS) Evidently not.

i'm sorry that my english is not so well...but atleast i keep my mind open..and not being a smartass all the time...or bash on other people and their opinion....

Ok- I just got off the phone with one of my guys. He's a master tech at one of the Honda dealerships here. This is what he said...

The 90-91 Accords are definitely OBD0, and they switched to OBD1 in the 92 model year. The difference between the 90 and 91 ECUs is the diagnostic light. There's a light that was added on the ECU for the 91 model year, and that same light was retained in 92. 1990 did not have it. Both 90 and 91 are OBD0, so the difference in the part numbers is most likely because of the light. The difference in part numbers from 91 to 92 is definitely the OBD revision.

One easy way to tell what OBD revision you have is the number of plugs on the ECU. OBD0 has 2 plugs while OBD1 has 3.

That's all he said... and I think that says it pretty clear. Now how many plugs do you have on your ECU?

:)

Back