H22 internal/external coil q's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

swlltom

We are doing/did a jdm h22swap on a 5th gen accord, the old motor was external coil, the Jdm one is internal. What is the correct way to do wiring to use the h22 dist with internal coil?? Yes i did a search and couldn't find the answer. Thanks in advance.

I cracked open my distributor, and found the positive side on the internal coil. I traced the positive wire to the outside of the distributor. I then tested the unused plug(for the external coil) to find power with the key on. Connect those two wires, done. I used a flat electrical connector and shoved it into that harness plug. On the distributor side, I bared back the wire far enough to make a good connection without clipping the wire. That way, you still have the choice to use a coil later.

Have fun.

On the inside of the dizzy there will b yellow/green and black/yellow wires connected to the coil, what you need to do is cut or use a space connecter to splice into the black/yellow wire and soulder it to the yellow/green wire

Back