H22 Internals

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2fastaccord

Can you use H22 or H23 Internals in a F22 engine. It is mad hard to find parts for an F-series car.

Peace*

I would really appreciate any help on this matter that anyone can offer.
DochVtec Accord: Do you know anything about this?

Peace*

The block as far as I know is exactly the same. Just the head differs. Everyone: Don't kill me if I'm wrong. Anyway, The bore might and probably is bigger in the H22. But if your going to use them u might as well bore it out.

I know the block is pretty much the same. I was more so wondering if the internals in the top end can be used interchangeably at all. Valve springs, etc.?

Peace*

Valvesprings should be interchangable, what else? and are you looking for power or a rebuild.

That's what I figured. I am looking for power and rebuild actually so hard to find parts. I am pretty sure there is nothing to do about the camshaft unfortunately since the Lude is DOHC. If you know of anyway to do something about the camshaft please let me know. I want to squeeze as much power out of the thing as possible. If you know of a place to get a super or turbocharger let me know. So far I can't find one that is made for this model.

Peace*

My friend just put an H22 in his car with some stage 2 Vtec cams from Gude( not sure of web site). The Vtec sounds so badass. Gude makes an awsome head kit for your car. It comes with an oversize cam, port and polished head, ported intake manifold, bigger throttle body. It's good for around 40-50 horses extra at the wheels. It's a good deal too. way cheaper then a turbo or super chrg. It goes for 1600 withought the core. You give them your old parts and they give you the new with a reduced price.(1400) Call em up, I'ts a very good deal.

When people ask you: Wheres your turbo, or where's your NOS, all you have to say is: All I got's a short shifter man.

Anyone else here know anything about gude. This is the first good story I have heard about Gude so far. If anyone else has something good to say about Gude let me know. I have been trying to get the skinny on Gude for about 6 months now.

Peace*

I know i'm not somebuddy else but, Gude makes their cams from original Cams, not from scratch. Their very professional. They have many mechanics to help. I've actually heard of aftermarket Cams breaking.(believe it or not)

I'm unsure of some of this information, so take it with a grain of salt.

I don't think any of the valvetrain parts are interchangeable. hondaautomotiveparts.com lists different inventory numbers for 1995 Accord VTEC's and 1995 Prelude VTEC's for valves, retainers, and lost motion assemblies. I assume they're different for everything else in the valvetrain as well.

While the blocks are not identical, they are similar. The bore and stroke numbers for F22's and H22's should be the same. Clutch and tranny parts are interchangeable.

As far as Gude goes...I (and most others here) would caution you to stay away from them. They're not quality parts, and they use reground camshafts (bad idea). Try Crower or Crane if you're looking for a cam for your Accord engine. VTEC or non-VTEC?

Thanks guys. Hey dohcvtec accord: Have you ever heard of Crane or Crower making a camshaft for the accord, if not do you think they would custom make one for a price.

Peace*

I still say Gude is reputable. My friend has had no problems with his Gude stage 2 cams. His drives his car insanly hard and has had the Cams for at least 20,000 miles

Back