H22 Into 5th Gen 94 Ex Civic Coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civich22vtec

:spin:

Now I've called hasport and I've searched on the net. And after talking to hasport I'm even more confused. Here's the situation:

I have a 94 EX civic coupe that's automatic. I already have the parts to convert it to standard.

I'm installing my H22 which came from a 96 prelude but it doesn't have a distributor. I read that I would have to get a 92-93 accord distributor then swap the guts of that into the prelude distributor. Why? And I thought 90-93 accords used the same distributor? Then I spoke with hasport and they said I didn't have to do this, that I can just use the prelude distributor and call it a day. So what should I do?

Then to top things off hasport also told me that I had to switch some of the 96 preludes censors because they are OBDII and the 94 civic is OBDI. Why would it matter if I'm using the preludes original ECU?

Can somebody give me some indepth knowledge please!

If anyone knows what needs to happen with the wiring and distributor can you feel me in I'm trying to have my car on the road by next week. I can't find nothing on the internet that gives in depth knowledge about the wiring and what's needed.

several plugs on the OBD-2 harness are different from the ones on an OBD-1 harness... they just dont match
so if you are using your harness you will need to lengthen several wires and swap the OBD-2 prelude plugs with the plugs on your harness that dont work

for B series the plugs that need to be swapped are:
fuel injectors
distributer
alternator

there might be others on the H series but i havent done that swap so i cant tell you for sure

also the OBD-2 ECU will not plug in to your car without a conversion harness

I'll go to the garage and see. I believe the ECU for the prelude has the same plugs as my original EX ECU so if that's the case that makes my H22 OBDI. But will I have to switch plugs still? Do you have an idea why I would even have to switch the internals of the distributors to get it to work right? I don't understand why I can't just use a prelude distributor without having to modify it?

sup man, dont do the accord distributor thing. u have an obd2 distributor right now and need an obd1. if u need more help im me or shoot me an email. i can show u where to get the best distributor prices.
also u would need an external coil. u can go aftermarket or use a stock lude one. one more option u have is to find a jdm internal coil distributor, that will plug right up. i dont think u can use ur ecu. the best thing to do is to use a chipped p28. the only bad to that is ur secondary butterflies would not work, but u can get it to stay open all the time. if u use an obd1 ecu, u would have to mess with the egr stuff, because if u dont have it hooked up correctly, u'll have a code all the time. later. stick wit it and dont give up.

Back