H22 into 93' lx ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Snapdilly

Bumblebeetuna
Ive got the stock motor. (F22 or something) I put rsr exhaust, DC headers, Aem pulleys, Injen cold air intake, and Exedy stage 2 clutch.I was happy with the hp for the buck. But now I'm getting mileage on the motor and I was thinking about the H22 swap. Im at 172,xxx now and I don't want to mess with the internals. What are some thoughts about it. How easy is it, and can I at least keep my clutch? Let me know anything, I'm new to hondas and I got a deal on the car. It is really clean and has suspension with tie bars and stuff too. Tell me what you know.

yup it will drop right in and bolt right up, you can even use your stock accord tranny if you wont to,all you have to do is run a few wires for vteck and stuff super easy swap

The tranny is still good too. If it's that easy then I think I'll do it. Is the wiring anything special, or just plug and play? Is that the best/only motor worth putting in? I'm not good with a hacksaw if you catch my drift.

Last edited:
its mostly plug and play but the part you do have to wire is very easy,,putting a h series in a accord is like putting a b series in a civic its all cake lol

Well then, I'm gonna do it soon. Thanks for the closure. Damn shame that the car is ugly, it's got some nice crap in it.

You can use your clutch as well, all the h and f series tranny stuff is interchangeable. I would recommend getting the h22 tranny, but its up too you, the gears are a little shorter in the h22. And your gonna love the h22.

I am also wanting to put an h22 in my accord its a 92 ex coupe but i was wandering since its an automatic how hard it would be to convert to 5 spd

Back