h22 into 99 cx??'s

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bizaarhatch

Well my h22a(in a 99 CX civic) is really hard to start the first time you start it after it seats overnight. After it starts when you give it gas it cuts out. When it gets to operating temperature it runs fine.Then when You drive it V-tec don't work and the car doesn't have no power at all...Please help me

Also i got my wiring from rywire. They told me a couple weeks before i bought it i wouldn't have to wire up anything, but on there website there is instructions
http://rywire.com/store/faqdes...ede22 Could that be anything to cause it

Do you have a check engine light on?? If so check the codes to see what they are. If you have a obd1 computer you will have to jump the green connector by you ecu to check for codes, this will make the check engine light flash. Read on this site how to read it. Anyways this would help point you in the right direction. Especially if there are wires that are not hooked up. For like the knock sensor or vtec. Sounds like something isnt hooked up right somewhere.

I would take care of that before you look for any other problems. Do you have a obd1 or obd2 computer?? I would use a obd1 computer if i were you with a jumper harness if you needed one to convert to it. The obd1 computer only use 1 o2 sensor, while the obd2 computer uses 2. It is possible that the o2 sensor is bad or if it is obd2 that one of them is wired incorrectly.

I have an obd 1 ecu. if rywire didn't run the wires to the egr ks and vtec wouldn't it throw a code for more than an o2....Also the car has no power at all

I think I would start with the o2 sensor code first. I would double check the wiring and then try replacing the o2 if that doesnt work. Your car is probably in limp mode since that code is thrown. I think once you get that code to go away that the power and everything will be back to normal. So getting that problem fixed is priority number 1.

okay guys i called rywire and come to find out i had some plugs backwards.(I hate how you can plug the wrong plugs in the wrong holes)
I never pulled the radio fuse to restet the ecu. I done that tonight and it runs alot better,but now im throwing a code 6 i beleive(Six fast flashes over and over)

Also the butterfly valves in the intake manifold, When they have vacum are they open or closed, Cause b-4 i had no vacum going to them and i drove it once with vacum and i believe it ran better not sure though cause i passed a cop. and took it back home......

I think it is the coolant temperature sensor. Which i believe is located on the side of the head usually. It is the single wire that goes on the little metal nipple screwed into the head, at least on a b series anyways. But i would check to see that it is hooked up and making a good connection. You need to get rid of all CEL lights before trying to diagnose other problems.

Back