h22 into a 90 integra 2 door help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

steel205

ok well i have a friend who can get a h22 motor an tranny for cheap and he has a 90 intgera with a bad knock an something wrong with the tranny . waht he was wondering is if anyone has done this swap and knows wat hes going to need to doo parts and labour wise he is going to take the winter to do it cus its parked for the winter and well as far as i can tell or from wat i have read is he needs to buy aftermarket mounts and he wud still have to cut the passenger side mount and relocate it and he wud need a accord shift linkage he would need custom axles and a custom rad (i was thinking a half rad with a slim profile fan)and he wud need a ecu that supports vtec so if anyone can clarify everything that i just said and tell me what else he will need and wat else wud go into this swap labour wise that would be greatly appreciated thnx

There is a lot of checking and double checking and labor to go into this, i bought my motor mount kit from explicitspeedperformance.net. The kit was great and it came with all the hardware you need. The clutch cable conversion for the hydro tranny, alt. relocation bracked and a traction bar which goes in place of your front crossmember and gives plenty of room for your headers. You dont need an aftermarket rad. i am using a full size integra one, but i did get a slim fan. The wiring is easy as its pretty much the same as a b series except that you have to lengthen the alt wires to reach the front, everything else should reach as is. I got my axles from Raxles.com, he is a lot cheaper than driveshaftshop, and the quality is outstanding. There will be a lot of swearing and pulling the motor in and out, its just the nature of an H series in an early civic or teg. For the money and power that i have, i LOVE it, the torque and power is amazing. If you have any other questions feel free to ask importlove@hotmail.com

well im in canada so ima have to use a canadian supplier i kno afew where i can get sum of the stuff relativly cheap so hes going to have to get aftermarket mounts and for the there is a guy around here that did this swap and hes parting out his car and he used a f22 cable trans so im going to get my buddy to get that tranny to make it alil easier on us and u say we have to move the alt alittle like how far or do i have to wait till we see how the engine fits in and u said we are not going to be using the frotn crossmember like wat is a traction bar i dont think i have evr seen one and is it just like an aftermarket crossmember that smaller and stiffer or sumthing thanks for ur comment there will be helpful to use forsure

The alt. sits on the front of an H series instead of the back like a B or D series. The relocation kit just allows it to fit in the tighter bay of the civic and integra, and allows you to mount it higher or lower depending on which kit you prefer. The traction bar replaces your front crossmember, and bolts in place of it, AND where the tow hooks are, dont worry they have built in tow hooks attached. It sits almost underneath the rad support, and allows for greater clearance for the headers, while improving traction. The radius rods attach to your lower control arms and you can manually tension them to eliminate wheel hop, and they work very well. I really like the one from explicitspeedperformance.net that i have. You should look into their stuff, its great quality, and even if you dont buy from them, they can give you a lot more info than i can, and are always willing to help out. I can try and get some pictures if you guys would like, just let me know.

pics would be great because any help i can get will be great because this is buddys first swap and my second swap on an import car and he has a not bad budget it will be tight but if we do alot of the work ourselfs like the welding an stuff like that i think this can be a real possibility for my buddy and i have always liked the idea of an h22 into these small cars its like puttin a 460 in a 87 mustang lol going the bigblock route lol

I will get you pics when i can get outside and get some for you. The ESP kit is a great deal and will help with a lot of the hardware. If you guys can weld, then that will help as the tranny mount for the car is a weld in mount. Its really not any more expensive then buying a B series and doing that swap. Speaking of mustangs, my buddy is in the process of putting in a 512 in his 68 mustang lol. its gonna be nuts.

i bet that is sum serious power/torque like wat does he wanna do pull houses from the foundation lol

lol ya thats prob wats gunna happen wat tires is he runnin on it and is it a race setup car or is he doing it for a weekend cruizer or sumtin because thats a pretty insane build if u ask me

Its gonna be a weekend warrior, it will see more street than strip, so i dont know what he will run on the street, but im pretty sure he has a set of slicks for it already. As he puts it, its gonna be a "fun" car, lol.

Back