h22 into a 92-95 civic hb

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

venom363

i know it is posible to do but i was wondering how hard it would be, or if anyone has done this.

Put a h22 into a civic but using a prelude tiptronic tranny?

Any info wuld be helpfull

Richard

Originally posted by venom363@Nov 1 2003, 08:27 PM
i know it is posible to do but i was wondering how hard it would be, or if anyone has done this.

Put a h22 into a civic but using a prelude tiptronic tranny?

Any info wuld be helpfull

Richard

Have fun wiring the tranny electronics in...

Wiring the tranny would be quite the project... but it it is something you're ready to take on best of luck to you.

As for the H22 swap.... please try looking at previoius threads, in my short time here I have replied to numerous questions as to what is involved to put an h22 into an EG. Just a word of advice for the future.

As for your question.... in order to make the h22 work you will need:

H22 shifter assembly and linkage *must modify your vehicle to mount the assembly*
Custom motor mounts (Hasport, HPC, etc...)
Custom axles (prelude inner, integra outer)

Those are what it takes to make your motor work... of course you will use the H22 ecu... and will have to do a bit of rewiring to make your stock harness work, but it isn't all that bad, and I believe that you would be happy with the power gains you would see from this.

In doing and H22 swap it is also import to address your suspension a bit to compensate for that bit of extra weight... don't over look that, as a balanced car is very import.

Best of luck to you and let us know if you have any more questions.... after searching :p

good luck, seems like a biznatch for that tranny..

maybe I ask why that tranny??

Dont get me wrog i love driving standard but once and a while in trafic i wish i had the brianless driving of a auto. that is why i was thinking of that tranny. the best of both worlds.

obviosly i would start with a auto civic and not a standard.

Not to mention it would be rare to see a civic with a tiptronic tranny.

Was there ever a b series tip tranny?
I can't think of any off hand but it would make the swap easyer to do a b18c with a tip tranny.

thanks for your help and keep the info coming,

Richard

Originally posted by venom363@Nov 2 2003, 11:57 PM
Dont get me wrog i love driving standard but once and a while in trafic i wish i had the brianless driving of a auto. that is why i was thinking of that tranny. the best of both worlds.

obviosly i would start with a auto civic and not a standard.

Not to mention it would be rare to see a civic with a tiptronic tranny.

Was there ever a b series tip tranny?
I can't think of any off hand but it would make the swap easyer to do a b18c with a tip tranny.

thanks for your help and keep the info coming,

Richard

No they did not... and a triptronic is to some extent a "standard" as you call it. but it will never be as quick as a person shifting by themselves.

Originally posted by btleier@Nov 3 2003, 03:09 AM
and a triptronic is to some extent a "standard" as you call it. but it will never be as quick as a person shifting by themselves.

i know that, i just want to be different

I don't know man... best of luck to you... it's gonna take alot of time and alot of money, let us know how it turns out.

Back