H22 Into A 99 00 Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hunter11

I'm new to the import scene and I'm thinking about swapping a H22 prelude motor into a civic...preferably the 99 or 00 model(is this referred to as 6th generation?) I see the H22 motors on ebay for anywhere from $2000-3500. They say they come with hydraulic transmission. What do they mean by "hydraulic" transmission? Also what else will i need to complete the swap? (axles, etc) Any advantages, disadvantages? Sorry for all the questions but I'm a newbie. Thanks guys

Do a search to get more info,but don't be fooled into thinking it is $2200 and your rolling.You still need mounts and the right axle combo.You may be able to find a complete swap that someone is abandoning,but expect a price tag more like $3000-$4000.Hydaulic tranny is just the way it is actuated,as opposed to a cable it uses a hydraulic system.

Thanks for all the input guys, I just have one more question...whats the difference between OBD1 and OBD2 ECUs?

what they look for in the way of emmissions and how they plug in are the big differences.

Back