h22 into a f20 engined prelude

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Stylieee

hi,
im putting a jdm h22 into my prelude that currently has a f20 (uk spec 2.0i) engine in it.
the problem is i dont have a h22 wiring harness, so im missing a few plugs.
so... what can i do (other than spend £150 on a harness from a breakers)? can i get the necassery plugs new from somewhere and make up a subharness??
any info greatly appreciated as im starting work on it this weekend. :unsure:
thanks,
Matt.

VTEC pressure, VTEC solenoid, Knock Sensor, and possibly IAB. basically all the one that the h22 has but the f20 doesnt.

You add those wires to your modified stock harness.

hmm, in the "how-to" on h22a.org it says:

"*Wires to add:
VTEC Solenoid: Grn/Yel on Prelude harness > Pin A4 on ECU // SENSOR LOCATION: Near distributor
VTEC Pressure Switch: Lt Blu on Prelude harness > Pin D6 on ECU // SENSOR LOCATION: Near distributor
Blk/Red > Ground
IAB: Pink on Prelude harness > Pin A17 on ECU // SENSOR LOCATION: Drivers side of intake manifold
Blk/Yel > 12V
Knock Sensor: Red/Blu on Prelude harness > Pin D3 on ECU // SENSOR LOCATION: Middle back of block"

so, i had assumed that the f20 wiring harness would not have plugs for these. and as i dont have an h22 harness to cut up and use for splicing i figured this would cause me proplems!?
is this not the case then?? can i just run wires direct from the ecu to these sensors?

im now very very confused!! :huh:

I have a civic EX wiring harness on my h22. Added IAB + EGR. Harness was already sohc vtec so... you just got more wires to add. find the p13 pinouts and run wires. I find any harness that has obd1 vtec and cut the plugs off of them.

You use your stock harness. You run additional wires to the ECU. You would want to have the plug ends that attach to your "new" sensors, for connectivity. However, this doesn't mean you need a complete new harness. My H22 came with a "cut" harness. All the plugs I needed were attached to the sensors already. From there, you solder a new wire to the dangling wire and run it in through the firewall to the ECU.

I used my stock 1992 Honda Accord LX harness. Lengthen a few wires and add four more.

ok panic over. it seems that my engine came with a semi-cut harness... some plugs were there and some werent. luckily it looks like i have all the ones i need though.
thanks for the help :D

Back