h22 into EK obd2 to obd1 questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

irhavok

Starting the swap tomorrow.

I have done h22 into 2 different EGs but this is a bit different. I know you guys know what an obd1 ecu and an obd2 ecu look different. So i need a walk through on what i have to do to make the pigtails obd1? Is this just a matter of looking at the obd1 cars and making sure the new pigtails i get have hte same wire colors going to each.

I have already sifted through the sticky on H-T but i couldnt find anything. I am sure someone has written this up just need somone to point me in the right direction.

are you talking about the plugs on the egine wiring harness? if so, they're all the same style plug except for the injectors and distributor, so just get some obd1 plugs for the injectors and distributor and wire them to the wiring harness and you'll be good to go. all of the colors will be exactly the same, so there should be no confusion.

Originally posted by projekteg@Dec 17 2004, 07:04 AM
are you talking about the plugs on the egine wiring harness? if so, they're all the same style plug except for the injectors and distributor, so just get some obd1 plugs for the injectors and distributor and wire them to the wiring harness and you'll be good to go. all of the colors will be exactly the same, so there should be no confusion.
[post=433586]Quoted post[/post]​

No i am talkin about the plugs at the ECU.

i just got done with my 97 civic h22 swap. most of the wires will need to be lenghtend, some colors will match up but not most, also dont forget to to sheild the knock sensor and the o2 sensor signal wire other than that you should be fine.

Back from the dead. :)

Originally posted by projekteg@Dec 23 2004, 09:26 AM
just buy an obd2 to obd1 conversion harness
[post=436370]Quoted post[/post]​

Doesnt do you any good when you're using all OBD 1 components. I'm in the same boat, I think I may just buy another OBD 2 harness and start hacking off plugs as needed and frankensteining OBD 1 ones on it as needed.

My wiring is 95% I think, I just need to figure out where the wires at the driverside shock tower go (for the OBD 1 harness), unfortunately noone has done this before so there a fat chance of me finding a pinout. Alldata is my friend right now, still a bitch though.

Convert your motor to OBD2, then get an OBD1 ECU and said conversion harness. Should all be plug and play for the most part other than wiring up VTEC.

Back