H22 Longblock swap question..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jbdakid

I have a 98 Prelude (non-SH) and I am going to replace the longblock. My question is, can I use the JDM Type S long block (220HP) instead of getting another USDM longblock (195HP)? I live in PA so we have inspection and emissions every year so I need the car to run without the CEL being on. If I can do this with no CEL, then what else do I need to change? ECU? Wire harness?

Thanks.

I'll bet some of that increase from 190 to 220hp is in the head and intake manifold, and some from the increased compression. I doubt that you would need to change anything, but I don't know for sure.

some jdm stuff bolts will not line up on the block....but some will. you are better off just doing a complete swap or building your current engine. why are you doing this swap?

some jdm stuff bolts will not line up on the block....but some will. you are better off just doing a complete swap or building your current engine. why are you doing this swap?
Thank you sir! This is what I needed to know. The H22 that is in the car is drinking oil and has low compression on all cylinders. I am going to replace the long block for sure. I just thought that I could gain some horsepower in the process. Thanks.

IMO: you should just rebuild the one you have and have some good pistons and rods put in there. what are you using this car for? and what are your plans? you wanting to mod'er to the max?

ok, then i recomend just rebuilding the long block all oem. maybe you can find some oem pistons that are for the sir h22 and have them put in. or you could just get a whole jdm h22 swap. that would probly be your best bet.

Back