h22 lude almost done

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

alright im almost done with my swap(93 h23 - h22), im just tryin to plug in al the rest of the vacum lines and what not but i still think i have a problem, the engine fires up but wont stay running. i tried to rewire h22 distributor for external coil but was wondering if i could just use my h23 dist? would this sacrifice performance? also other than the distributor what other swap related problems would keep it from running at a constant rate? right now I have to keep giving it gas for it to stay running.
Any help appreciated.

Originally posted by white lude@Sep 30 2004, 03:02 PM
alright im almost done with my swap(93 h23 - h22), im just tryin to plug in al the rest of the vacum lines and what not but i still think i have a problem, the engine fires up but wont stay running. i tried to rewire h22 distributor for external coil but was wondering if i could just use my h23 dist? would this sacrifice performance? also other than the distributor what other swap related problems would keep it from running at a constant rate? right now I have to keep giving it gas for it to stay running.
                      Any help appreciated.
[post=396789]Quoted post[/post]​

If you can put the H22 distributor back to it's original state, I can tell you which wire to make it work. One wire will give you spark.

I can't recall about using the H23 distributor on the H22. I didn't think it worked, but I could very well be wrong......

The vacuum thing could make your engine run like shit. Finish connecting your vacuum lines. Connect the vacuum lines the same way that your original engine did. I used all of my Accord equipment with my H22A, including the stock MAP sensor. It will save you a lot of wiring. You can reuse your EGR from your stock engine if your H22 EGR doesn't plug in correctly.

Besides that, a million things could keep your engine from running properly. Check your engine codes.

Back