1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H22 N/A Build - Please help!

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by bourdeau9, Oct 22, 2007.

1. bourdeau9

bourdeau9 New Member

Hi. I have an EG coupe with a JDM H22. I'm planning on doing an N/A build this winter. Right now, my motor is pretty much stock. I have LSD transmission, Stage 3 clutch kit from Clutch Master, B&M fuel pressure regulator, AEM fuel rail, AEM intake and Apexi World Sport exhaust. Here is what I had in mind for this build. I'm trying to keep this build simple but efficient. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

-TWM ITB
    -Crower cams (which cams should I get??...Stage 1, 2, or 3?)
    -Crower valvetrain
    -H22 Type S pistons (I know you can get the oversize ones. Should I get those and bore, port & polish at the same time or should I just stick with the regular ones??)
    -AEM EMS (for obvious reasons)
    -H23 Crank??? (I heard that I should do this? Why? And what are my other options?)
    -MSD Ignition
    -SMSP headers

This car is daily driven. I would like to test it out at the track sometime. I understand that this kind of setup usually decreases driveability, but I'm willing to compensate. Please let me know if you would change, add something or whatever.

Thanks.

2. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Why the stage 3 clutch? That seems like overkill for an essentially stock motor on a street-driven car.

3. bourdeau9

bourdeau9 New Member

I knew from the start that I was going to build this motor. And as I was doing the swap, I figured I was right there, so I changed the clutch for one that I knew I would need in the long run. Since were on the topic, this stage 3 clutch from Clutch Master is extremely smooth compared to all the other stage 3 clutch that i've tried. ACT, Bully clutches among others are almost not driveable.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted