1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H22 or B16a2 ??

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by ChicagoHatch, Aug 1, 2006.

1. ChicagoHatch

ChicagoHatch Junior Member

i have an Eg6 i want to know what will be the best swap??
    the H22
    or
    the B16A2

2. HondaUnderoath

HondaUnderoath Junior Member

H22 would be faster but it wouldnt handle for shit

3. don_radeon

don_radeon Bored

B16B

Highest output 1.6 liter honda ever made.

4. spikehairboy

spikehairboy Junior Member

5. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

random uninformed opinions on all counts.

it doesnt take a lot of work to make an h22 handle like a champ in an eg. i know there is a guy kickin ass at motor sports ranch with a stock h22, stripped interior and gc coilovers w/ koni yellow shocks. its super quick and really hot. He does have an h2b transplate, and hes using a b16 tranny.

as for the b16b, sure its a hot motor, but who wants to pay that much more when you can have a gsr or a normal b16 more than $1,000 less. If you want my opinion (the rational, money concious one), go with the b16a. Its a good engine, its got plent of power and potential. The h22 is a hassle, requires new mounts and shift linkage, and really isnt worth the time in swapping it into a civic (a prelude/accord is another story).

6. EG6Civic83

EG6Civic83 New Member

You will also need a hasport hydro to cable linkage if you don't get the h2b transplate which is like $500.

7. bgslowhatch

bgslowhatch New Member

yeah, h22 motors have more hp and torque than a b16 but the b16 swap will be much easier b/c you can use some of your same mounts and and you dont have to buy 300.00 dollar mount kit and different shift linkage and all that kind of stuff. Im not sure if you can still keep the ac with a h22 in a eg or not....if you want it that is. i would go w/ the b16, which i did, its a really good motor, but if you have the extra cash you might want to think about checking into a gsr setup, yeah, there rated at only 10hp more than a b16 and have some more torque but that little amount comes into play at about 3rd gear....a gsr eg will take off from there racing maybe a eg w/a b16. hopefully someone here helped you.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted