H22 or B18 or D15non vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rtenzo02

I own a 1994 4dr civic lx. Will the prelude h22vtec work and is it cheaper than a B18vtec complete install? What kind of power can I or cant I get from my sohc non vtec 1.5liter motor that now delivers no second gear scratch!

I am not fro sure about an H22 but I am almost posotive that a B18 will fit with only having to ad the V-Tec wiring. I don't suggest tryong to biuld up your D15. I know a guy that just spent $2000 on having his engine built, and it is still week. If you just want to do a real simple up grade and have very little money, try a D16Z6 or D15B JDM swap. Both are direct swaps with no real hassle and they are cheep to pick up. Everyone wants the big swap so these motors are kinda easy to come by. hope this helps.

dont totally toss the d series out the window yet. you can haveit build for low compression turbo setup, farely cheap as opposed to a complete swap. A friend of mine has a 97 civic EX with a completely race built d series turbo and it stops our other friends ITR's ass.

first off, you should be in the EG forum. Neways, You can put the H22A in your car or the B18C1 or 5. I recommend the C1 for price and ease of installation. If you have a few more bucks to kill go with the C5. The H22 makes awesome torque but that is very deceiving, making the car seem faster than it is. Bone for bone the C5 will outperform. It has the best gear ratio's for an allmotor car, LSD, and plenty of power.

The single cam will not perform that well with out turbo or nos or something big. All motor single cams aren't the fastest things at all. From personal experience, I would go with the B18c1. Very happy with mine.

Back