h22 or b18c5 stroked?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 25 2003, 10:23 PM
the stoke may be the same (due to the crank) but the rod length is shoter.

r button not working?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 25 2003, 07:23 PM
no.

the stoke may be the same (due to the crank) but the rod length is shoter.

So basically with the kit, you get the displacement you want, with the rod stroke ratio you want together? Okay, now I understand why people actually think about useing stroker kits. I always thought it just really messed up the rod stroke ratio, and make the engine a lot less reliable.

whofuckingcares_1_.jpg

lol nice post!!

yeah actually the h22 puts down like 174ish to the wheels if i remember. if course thats stock form. i'm an all motor guy and want to stay away from turbo. i used to do dsm's and to be honest i like my eg hb much better.

so lets get to the point. h22 or b16 head with a gsr bottom stroked?

I'd go with the GSR. Just because you will have all new internals assuming you stroke it, and it will put down as around the same power, with a little less tq. Just my .02

Ian

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Dec 24 2003, 04:12 AM
dont waste your money on an ITR block if you would just be ripping it apart anyway .... get a GSR block (its the same thing)

personally i dont like either option you have given here ... so ill just leave now :)

:werd: if you're gettin yourself a c5 ITR block...just give it to me...so I can sell it for even more than it's worth. :)

if course whatever i get is going to be built up so dont think i would get it just b/c it will have new internals.

wich has more potintial?

These would be my guesses... please correct me if you feel otherwise.

B16 - 160 bhp
B18C1 - 170 bhp
B18C5 - 195 bhp
H22A - 200 bhp
B16 head/B18C blcock - approximately 165-170 bhp
B16 engine/Toda Racing stroker kit - approximately 165-170 bhp
EDIT: Doesn't stroking mainly increase torque and a bit more power? I think bore increases power more than torque.

All motor - just go H22. Not my favorite engine though. But fast just to swap in.

Who in the hell said a Type-R is better all motor. It's a pretty damn good engine to boost in my opinion. Turbos make EVERY engine better. :)

Just more info for quick all motor cars like the nitrous H22 previously mentioned. A local guy who kept entering into the import show burnout contest in Carlisle Fairgrounds (maybe you've heard of it)... He finally built his hatch to take to the strip. All motor GSR (no mods whatsoever), straightpipe, lexan windows, completely gutted, rollcage, tranny spool (no good if you plan on turning), and traction bars up front finally ran an 11.8 in the 1/4. Sure... he only went to like 106 mph but that's pretty damn quick for a stock engine.

Originally posted by BrahmaBullSQ@Dec 27 2003, 10:12 PM
These would be my guesses... please correct me if you feel otherwise.

B16 - 160 bhp
B18C1 - 170 bhp
B18C5 - 195 bhp
H22A - 200 bhp
B16 head/B18C blcock - approximately 165-170 bhp
B16 engine/Toda Racing stroker kit - approximately 165-170 bhp
EDIT: Doesn't stroking mainly increase torque and a bit more power? I think bore increases power more than torque.

All motor - just go H22. Not my favorite engine though. But fast just to swap in.

Who in the hell said a Type-R is better all motor. It's a pretty damn good engine to boost in my opinion. Turbos make EVERY engine better. :)

Just more info for quick all motor cars like the nitrous H22 previously mentioned. A local guy who kept entering into the import show burnout contest in Carlisle Fairgrounds (maybe you've heard of it)... He finally built his hatch to take to the strip. All motor GSR (no mods whatsoever), straightpipe, lexan windows, completely gutted, rollcage, tranny spool (no good if you plan on turning), and traction bars up front finally ran an 11.8 in the 1/4. Sure... he only went to like 106 mph but that's pretty damn quick for a stock engine.

I have to disagree with you on the B18C spec R being a good all around turbo engine. It was designed to be an all motor engine (and by the way, an H22 on the bottle is not all motor) for road racing, which means it was designed to stay in the high revs and last a while. It has too high of compression to run boost in stock mode (at leas easily) and it is a wast to buy a spec R to tear apart and rebuild. In the long run, it would be cheaper to get a normal Xsi-G B18C and build for turbo, or even better yet and LsVtec. This guy would be happier going with the GSR and building it because it would save him money. Just my .02

Ian

It has too high of compression to run boost in stock mode

Who says it needs to remain stock to add boost to it???

But I agree. Just go with the GS-R to save money compared to a Type-R.

Originally posted by mwvnos@Dec 24 2003, 01:00 PM
ITR is a all-motor setup and should be kept that way with all-motor mods, h22 is a boost or nitrous loving beast. biuld it and boost it or throw lots of nirous at it and you have a bad bitch. i guess im partial to the h22 cuz i have one.... :p

Ain't the H22 Open deck? if so, that would not be a good motor for alot of nitrous and/or boost???

but you allways can resleeve it,

and I think he shoud go......well I don't know, cuz bouth the Type R the GSR and the H22 are greatt engines....it all depends on his funds,
and what he can do with that,

I personally think if he whan't to go allmotor he should get jest a stock GSR,

and replace the IM if you don't like it,

I think a B18c bottom with a B16 head is not that releaeble, and you loose compretion too,

so jest get a healthy GSR and work on it,

but if you whan't to boost it get a H22,

peace

Back