H22 OR TYPE R SWAP????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vitalik

Well i want to do an H22 swap in a obd2 gs and i was wonder from the ppl that know stuff with facts not just opinions. so the question is which one would be easier, cheaper and better and easier includes all the extra stuff that might need like an H22 pcm and diffrent axles and all the extra stuff and of course all the little extra things.

link that is info on the H22 just do some seaching on this web page most questions can be answered

the type r is direct swap

You're gonna need new motor mounts, shift cables, shifter, axles, new ECU, and do some wiring to make the injectors work, plus the vtec wiring since you have a GS. You're gonna have to cut a hole in your shifter tunnel to make the shifter work also. You're probably gonna want to upgrade your suspension because of the weight of the H22 too.

Or you could just swap the type R in and add wires for vtec to a vtec ecu...

Or you could just get a vtec head and vtec conversion kit (oil lines, head gasket, dowel's, etc...) and a vtec ecu and do an LS/Vtec...

Fuck it, just swap in a LT1.... :laugh:

B series swaps into Civics are always easier.

Better is an opinion and they are like assholes, everyone has one, no one wants to hear it.

h22 will be more difficult, but will also probably wind up being cheaper.

type r will be more expensive but will drop right in with minor wiring.

just for motors, ecus, and trannys
type r=~$4000+

h22=~$2000+

Yea, 2000 for the motor, then 600 for the mounts, and any other random things you have to buy seperate like axles. It can easily reach an equal cost.

Quoted post[/post]]
according to this hasport website http://hasport.com/Tech/Installs/Swap%20Ou...0%20Integra.htm does that mean i have to do some crazy stuff with the transmission or it can still bolt on to the ls tranny

Uh, did you not read what it says on that page? If you're swapping an H22 in then you need a Prelude or Accord transmission. The B-series transmissions will not bolt up to an H or F-series motor. That's why scottp11 said you would have to cut a hole in your transmission tunnel for the shifter to come up through.

Back