H22 Parts?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90 accord

Chicks dig the box
VIP
i will hopefully be getting an h22 at the end of august, so i want a list for upgradeable mods *website and prices would be great* with out pulling apart the block.. aside from i/h/e..

what kinda pullys?
flywheel?
would a new, grippier clutch make a diffrence?
nitrous? this won't happen for a while after the swap, but just curious..
how about a new head gasket to raise the compression a little bit? would this cause me to have to mess with the a/f ratio and such?

any other ideas?

www.mmrusa.com for a clutch and flywheel package, I used Clutchmasters and I'm loving the setup.
I'd stay away from pulleys, except maybe p/s. Underdriving your alternator is a bad idea, and replacing the OEM crank pulley with one missing the harmonic balancer is asking for your engine to shake itself apart.

thanks!

piggyback ecu?
new headgasket to raise compression? would this cause problems with the a/f ratio and such?

any more ideas?

EDIT: link didn't work?

Oops, my bad. Link fixed.

You don't really need a tunable piggyback until you've got stuff to tune on your engine. Adjustable cam gears maybe?

A new headgasket shouldn't mess with the a/f ratio at all.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Jun 4 2003, 04:57 PM
A new headgasket shouldn't mess with the a/f ratio at all.

it will raise the compression though, correct? if i get a slimmer one that is. is there any problems that may occur if i get a slimmer head gasket?

It might be worth it if you were tearing apart the engine to install new pistons, etc, but to take the head off just to replace the gasket....not only would you have to replace the gasket, you'd have to replace the head studs. Kinda pricey just to get a few tenths of CR.

I would go with Type S pistons so you won't have to resleeve your block and then while your down there throw in the head gasket. The pistons will raise the CR from 10.5 (if JDM otherwise 10.0 for USDM) to 11.0. Also, if you're going to do pistons you might as well get some hotter cams as well as intake manifold, and to top it off throw a fuel rail on there to feed the beast. If you did all that, you would probably want to get a hondata or atleast a VAFC to tune it. Most this setup however will only be usefull in building an all motor monster. If you plan to turbo, go with lower compression pistons. I know you can get a fuel rail from Venom Performance. http://www.venom-performance.com. I have no idea on the rest though. Good Luck

Originally posted by ludeconduct@Jun 8 2003, 04:18 PM
I would go with Type S pistons so you won't have to resleeve your block and then while your down there throw in the head gasket. The pistons will raise the CR from 10.5 (if JDM otherwise 10.0 for USDM) to 11.0. Also, if you're going to do pistons you might as well get some hotter cams as well as intake manifold, and to top it off throw a fuel rail on there to feed the beast. If you did all that, you would probably want to get a hondata or atleast a VAFC to tune it. Most this setup however will only be usefull in building an all motor monster. If you plan to turbo, go with lower compression pistons. I know you can get a fuel rail from Venom Performance. http://www.venom-performance.com. I have no idea on the rest though. Good Luck

i dont want to go that in depth, lol..i'm looking at around 3000-3500 for everything.. i still have college to pay for :)

Back