H22 Problem?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jchrm80

My H22A swapped eg hatch wont start. I went to leave for work and it started up fine and idled. I went to take off and the car just died and now it wont start. I checked over the engine bay to make sure nothing came lose or was leaking. Power comes on, there's fuel pressure it just wont turn over. I was told it may be the coil, Does anyone have any other ideas of what could be happening or what i could check? I did a spark test, and no spark. I grounded the spark plug to the block and cranked it over.
I was told it may be the coil, so I looked up a coil for a 1993 Prelude, and bought one thinking I had the right part to start trying to fix the problem. I'm not very knowlegable on h22 swaps and I wasnt sure if you kept the external coil when swapping the engine into an EG. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

yes you have to swap it to an external coil....if you have fuel pressure but are getting no spark then change out the coil. Ive never had it happen to me but buddy of mine couldnt his started...it cranked over but nothing happened so we swapped the coil and it fired right up and ran fine.

Back