H22 Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EGLSHB

In doing an H22 swap into an EG civic, most swap kits do away with the passenger's side transmission mount, leaving only the two front torque mounts, driver's side engine mount, and rear mount..

My question is this:

The H22, in a prelude, uses a front transmission mount similar to the stock arrangement in a EF civic... with a mount that attaches to the front crossmember.

Now, in an EG civic, there is no crossmember to be attached to...

Would it benefit a person to fab a new front crossmember, using the tow hook mounting holes as an attachment point, and lining up a new mounting point to attach the front trans mount?

I can't see it hurting anything, and at least it would bring a little more weight forward of the front tires, improving traction...

Any opinions on this?

Since the HASport mounts are also "racing" mounts they are alot stronger have less vibration so you dont need the front mount. Couldnt hurt to fab one.

Originally posted by H22AdelSol@Feb 24 2004, 12:08 AM
less vibration

??????????????

i think you mean less movement

i have the hasport mounts in my car and it vibrates like a motherfucker.... engine doesnt move though :D

yeah, like i said... i knew it wouldn't hurt, but i didn't know if it would serve much purpose, other than an extra measure of strength..

well the lack of movement in the motor, especially on a hard launch, will lead to more positive traction and a better hook up off the line-

:withstupid:

but what i was trying to tell you was HASport uses all 3 mounts... they dont just hack it together and hope it works

go to their site

hasport mounts solves the front brace thing, don't make one thats just extra weight, they are nice and stiff, if the motor even moves its like 1cm at the most ha

Back