h22 swap completion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

john43

Hey guys, i have had the swap for a little while now (about a year) and it's time to change the suspension (have money for it now). I live in muskoka (snow has already hit the ground but didn't stay) and I don't want to lower my car but all the cheep suspension around is lowering. I was wondering a few good choices for both shocks and springs that won't lower my car. A friend of mine told me you can put spacers on lowering suspension and this will eliminate the drop (but you also don't have that travel).
Another thing is just recently I have been experiencing a bouncing idle and during rainy weather the car runs like f$%#. I will be driving then all of a sudden loss of power, then it kicks back in. If I drive the piss out of it this won't happen, but I pretty much have to hit v-tec every 2 minutes to keep it away. (this happens both highway and town) occasionally it will happen on sunny days also.
Thanks for the help guys
John

Is it really so awful that you can't even do a mild drop? Eibach's Pro-Kit springs are awesome, and they only drop about an inch or so...

I live in the bush man, we get LOTS of snow. some nights after work i'll have snow coming over the hood of my car no jokes. happens lots man, my road's not a priority to plow during heavy drops. plus with the lower oil pan and headers an inch drop isn't sensible with the speed bumps in my area, wouldn't work out well, not to mention the bumps just on the roads. like i said, bush lol.

i also have somewhat the same problems with my suspension. Please do let me know what u are using.... i found F&F type II coilovers... check them out maybe would be good for u.

Back