h22 swap going good but now my car stutters when i turn the ignition o

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mikegeezy

ok everything is going good with the h22 swap but i just noticed when i shut my car off before it would just shut rite off and now it sputters for like a 10th of a sec then shuts off any suggestions?

sounds like it might be an o2 sensor. any check engine lights? give a little more details about your swap. the car, motor, all that you can think of.

ya sounds like an o2 issue or likely fuel issue...maybe runnin a lil rich? because the o2 is bad? give us details

Quoted post[/post]]
ya sounds like an o2 issue or likely fuel issue...maybe runnin a lil rich? because the o2 is bad? give us details
h22 into civic ek no codes it happend when i wired my coolant fan to a switched 12v the closest thing i could find was the reverse sensor so i tapped into that. i undid it and it dosent do it ne more why do you think it did that?

you might have a vacuum leak. check all your lines and your o2. make sure it's wired right.

i missed the part where you said it doesnt' do it anymore. it was probably a short rather than mis-wiring it. something may have been grounded out or crossed. then again it could be an anomaly with no explanation.

Quoted post[/post]]
i missed the part where you said it doesnt' do it anymore. it was probably a short rather than mis-wiring it. something may have been grounded out or crossed. then again it could be an anomaly with no explanation.
what i meant was i unhooked the fan wireing from the reverse sensor and wired the fan to an old ac plug that i dont use and now the car shuts off normal. for some reason having it wired to the reverse sensor made it do that. i know thats what was making it do that cuz when i unhooked it from the reverse sensor the car would shutt off normal when i would hook it back up the car wouldnt shut off normal so on so on but it shuts off fine now with it hooked up to an old ac plug. i think mabey the reverse signal changes fuel or timing in the ecu when it is being used or something i dont know confuses the hell outa me.

Back