1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H22 Swap Into 1996 Accord Ex

Discussion in 'Accord' started by Sick96VtecAccord, Oct 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sick96VtecAccord

Sick96VtecAccord Sick96Acc

Hey,
    I want to swap an H22 into my 1996 Honda Accord. Do i need to change anything in my car in order to drop the motor and tranny into the car?? Also will my Exhaust system bolt up to the H22?? Also can anyone tell me where i can find a supercharger for the H22 that im going to drop into my car? Any info you can give me will be helpful thanks. 1 last thing what is the difference between an SH Prelude and A Non SH Prelude?? Will i need the Non SH or SH version on a supercharger when i do my swap ???

Last edited: Oct 3, 2006
  2. parke10

parke10 n00b Member

im a newb at this but more than likely yer going to get flamed ,id use the search real quick if i were u and look at the stickys at the top of the forums because im betting most if not all this information has been answered handfulls of times

3. 96Hybrid

96Hybrid New Member

H22 Swap into 96 Accord

Hi,

I just swapped an h22 into my 96 accord.. You do have to change a coupe of things depending on what motor you buy (obd 1 or obd 2). If you car is not an ex then you will have to extend some wires and add the vtec, vtec solenoid, IAB(intake air bypass) knock sensor and you will have to extend your crank position sensor to the distributor if you are doing an obd 1 motor. Also depends if your doing an h22 auto or 5 spd. If you are doing a 5 spd then I have a ecu conversion harness that I bought but can't use because mine was an automatic so if you would like we can talk about that. Have fun

4. HONDATEG92

HONDATEG92 New Member

To Make Things As Easy As Possible For Yourself,get A Prelude Motor From The Same Year As You Accord,dont Use The Sh Motor,the Atts Makes It Almost Impossible. The Exhaust Is Easy And Stock Parts All Bolt Up.the Easiest Way Is To Do It Is To Use The Type Sh 4-2-1 Header It Comes With An Adapter To Bolt Up To Your Stock System.

5. powerdriverh22

powerdriverh22 Senior Member

the supercharger for the h22 you will want non sg. now for the problem. jackson racing makes one for the h22 however it will not fit in the accord without modification to the firewall

6. urnemesis

urnemesis New Member

2001 Prelude H22A4 into 96 Accord LX

I got some useful information on this thread but was wondering what are the main things I have to be concern on this swap (01 H22a4 w/ AT Trans from base model into a 96 accord LX AT Tans). From the donor car I already removed the OBD2 harness, both ECU and AT Control Unit

I will like to know exactly what I need to remove from the donor Prelude besides the engine, trans, axels, and mounts. VERY concern with all the electronics and specially the AT transmission since is a trip tronic!!!

I really appreciate ur help! :(

7. JUNGLE SHOP

JUNGLE SHOP New Member

96 ex accord 5spd. H22a vtec swap

hey i m doing the same swap do i use the original accord harness? Do i use the ame ecu? I have a 96 ex and im puttin a h22a vtec. Let me know the details of this swap. Holla back at me asap please

8. 95h22Accord

95h22Accord New Member

How much u want for the harness?

9. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Seeing as the post you're quoting is 5 years old, I doubt you're going to get a response...

10. 95h22Accord

95h22Accord New Member

Lol good call man. Didn't even really pay attention to that

11. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

:D

12. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

Crazy this post is 5 years old and is all kinds of jacked up. Sometimes I think our SEO works too well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.