H22 Swap into 91 Accord Info

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

M_Denis

I am looking to put a H22 motor in my Accord.

1. Can I use an aftermarket header I have on the stock F22 motor on the H22?

2. What wiring if any is needed?

1. no, but you can use your catback of course.

2. Lengthening of some wires. Addition of about five wires for VTEC, Knock Sensor, IAB, distributor power.

3. Wrong forum. Try reading in the Accord/Prelude swap forum. This has been answered countless times, plus more info.

Originally posted by tab@Sep 7 2004, 10:42 PM
1. no, but you can use your catback of course.

2. Lengthening of some wires. Addition of about five wires for VTEC, Knock Sensor, IAB, distributor power.

3. Wrong forum. Try reading in the Accord/Prelude swap forum. This has been answered countless times, plus more info.
[post=387293]Quoted post[/post]​

Tan is right the f22 header willfit on the h23 + all f serie but not on the h22... if you plan to turbo a dsm manifold will fit the h22 with minor tweaks.

Originally posted by hybridalien+Sep 13 2004, 07:36 AM-->
@Sep 7 2004, 10:42 PM
1.  no, but you can use your catback of course.

2.  Lengthening of some wires.  Addition of about five wires for VTEC, Knock Sensor, IAB, distributor power.

3.  Wrong forum.  Try reading in the Accord/Prelude swap forum.  This has been answered countless times, plus more info.
[post=387293]Quoted post[/post]​

Tan is right the f22 header willfit on the h23 + all f serie but not on the h22... if you plan to turbo a dsm manifold will fit the h22 with minor tweaks.
[post=389582]Quoted post[/post]​

As to not be misleading...........

I know for a fact that a F22B1 and a F22A1 header is NOT interchangeable. I had both engines out, and tried swapping them. Totally different bolt patterns. So, all F series could not accept that header, but maybe half.

I said use a aftermarket header for two main reasons.

1. An aftermarket header has a place for your O2 sensor down below and bolts right up to your cat, no welding at all.

2. Most swaps come with a Header, but no downpipe section. Even when I located a downpipe section for my OEM H22 header, there was no place for a O2 sensor. Plus, a small section had to be welded in to make it all work. Total cost, ~$70.($50 on ebay for downpipe section, plus welding costs)

Aftermarket stainless header from Ebay, $88+ shipping.

Simple choice. Close in price, bolt up, no hassle.

See pics in my sig.

Back