H22 swap into a 95 Teg GSR

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone has done a H22 swap into an integra I planned on using the gsr ecu, axles, half shaft and buying the h22a , tranny and hcp mounts, is this going to be hard to do. I have been told there is more room in the integra than the 92-95 Civic so it wont be as hard. Any suggestions or input. Oh yeah I know the engine is about 85 lbs heavier than the B Series, but I wont the better torque of the H22 and I plan on sleeving , head work the whole nine. Any help would be appreciated it. thanks guys

"HCI" magazine did a whole article on this exact swap you're talking about. The December 2003 issue.

They said the hardest part was the shift linkage, cuzz the H22 uses cables and the GSR uses a mechanical system. A hole would have to be cut into your floor to make it work.

Also the exhaust manifold is alot longer than the GSR's so that had to be modified.

And if you want power steering, you have to braze the GSR power steering hose to the H22 hose. (who keeps power steering anyway...)

Lastly, wiring has to be modified... i.e. different style injectors, the alternator is in a different location, the IAVC, distributor... the whole thing basically. :huh:

Good luck though!!! It's worth it! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

wiring is easy as fuck don't get discouraged, axles should prly work, if you get a binding switch to 90-93 ls axles, if you still have it figure out which side and pu tin an 88-89 ls axle, i dunno about the hcp mount cause i used hasport, i get a nice vibration around 1200 when taking off, uumm gsr ecu will prly work but you might want to get it chipped, cause you might run a tad lean, don't forget to add the resistor box, but over all f you have a general idea of what your doing, its just time consuming, not hard

Back