H22 swap....Please help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdm_h22power

i just swap an h22a motor into a 97 hatchback. Everything is in, hasport harness, mount, obd2a to obd1 adapter and everything. However, the car starts up fine and we drove it for like half the block and then the car just won't move forward. It can back up but when we put it in 1st, the rpm move up but the car just sit there. What can be the problem? Please help. Thanks

Are you sure first gear is engaging properly???? Will it move if you start in second instead of first. Check to make sure your cables aren't kinked and that the shifter is able to move through its full travel freely without hitting any part of the tunnel. Also, check the top of the tranny where your cables attach to the shift arms and make sure that they move freely without hitting mounts or mount bolts. I had to run mount bolts instead of studs and cut my mount in the car to make enough room for my shift arms to clear.

Check that, then check the clutch.
If your shifter is not actually moving the cable all the way over, you might be trying to start out in 3rd or 5th gear...from personal experience, we just had to cut part of the transmission mount (frame side) to make it shift properly.
If you're SURE it's in 1st gear, your clutch might be gone.

Quoted post[/post]]
If your shifter is not actually moving the cable all the way over, you might be trying to start out in 3rd or 5th gear...from personal experience, we just had to cut part of the transmission mount (frame side) to make it shift properly.

vroooooooooooom.....why my hnda is broken cv joint?

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

vroooooooooooom.....why my hnda is broken cv joint?
What? Was that a question? :blink:

Back