H22 swap stuff

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90AccordCDN

Hey im looking into an H22, im getting it in the next few months.

Im dropping it into my 90 accord EXR. Im going to use the existing tranny, axles etc for now.

I saw a parts list for what I would need but I cant seem to find it and I want to be absolutely sure I get everything, I dont want any suprises...

Also I have noticed different types of H22 (OBD1 or OBD2) would both fit or just one of them.

I know I can look some of this up but im at work taking calls and when I did look earlier I had no luck =\

Im probably just being overly paranoid...but its my DD so id kinda need it :p

It's actually easier. An OBD I H22 can be swapped into a '90-to-'93 chassis using all the stock engine mounts. The exhaust system is a direct bolt up (aside from being painfully small) with the Prelude's downpipe and cat. Your original fuel rail will work on the H22, and you also won't need to swap the 6 and 11 pin on the ECU. If your oldie has an automatic, you'll need P/N 60831-SM4-300ZZ to mount the manual transmission. On the plus side, the earlier chassis is about 100 pounds lighter, and if you're picky, you can still get four-wheel discs.

Im pretty sure the answer is yes to this but:

Im fine using the current auto tranny in my car right? Ill put a new tranny on later if thats the case.

Another thing is...I have been looking at torontojdm.com for parts...they are very cheap...just wondering how legit it is? Not overly sure...again...being paranoid..

Last edited:
JDM H22A OB1 1992-96 $850.00

SHIPPING RATE VARIES FROM 250-400 A FREIGHT.
WE ARE LOCATED IN ONTARIO CANADA AND CITIES CLOSER TO US ARE LESS.
$150.00 ANYWHERE IN CANADA.
FREE FOR PICK UP
FOR RESIDENTIALS:
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR EXACT SHIPPING RATE. OR REGISTER IN OUR WEBSITE

Another stupid question...since it's an auto, and im not swapping the tranny right away, it has that "sport shift" option. Think that might still work? Since the ECU is getting changed im thinking not, I checked google and a couple sites to see and there is nothing saying yes or no.

Sorry about the quetsions.

Back