H22 Swap Wont Rev Past 3k Rpm- What's Wrong?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ima2nr

I have a freind that swapped a h22 into his 88 prelude... It starts and runs, but the engine wont rev past 3k. his speedo works, and he is using the OBDI P13 ecu.
what's wrong? I cannot diagnosis the problem because he is in NJ and I'm in GA.
thanks in advance!

has the ecu been chipped??? i chipped my ecu and something went wrong. my fuel cut off was lowered to around 3000

is his distributor obd-1 also to go along with that ecu? if not, there's your problem...i had the same problem for like a month until everyone on here help me out...if everything matches up fine, then check the wiring again

its called ecu safe mode or ecu "limp" mode. it only runs the necessary sensors/parts for the engine to keep running. there is bad wiring somewhere.

limp mode.... I'll tell him to check his wiring then, thanks for the suggestions, I'll update you if he can fix the problem.

dunno if this works for OBD-0 setups like the one u have on ur prelude but it werks on OBD-1&2 if you pluged the wires for your TPS sensor and your MAP sensor in reverse, in other words TPS plug into MAP and Map Plug into TPS, the plugs are the same on the later OBD1 and 2 setups this happened to me on a gsr motor into an ek swap i did and it wouldnt let me rev past 3k rpm i switched the two and it worked fine, but i agree with what was said earlier there is something wrong with the wiring of the car

have you checked fuel pressure? my zc swapped hatch did the same thing, it sounded like it hit the rev limiter, but it was just the map sensor was bad or incorrect with the engine.
jones

IM THE GUY WHO IS DID THIS SWAP THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING ALL THE QUESTIONS I APPRECIATE ALL OF THEM. IM GOING CRAZY WITH THIS WHOLE SWAP. I TRIED SWITCHING THE MAP SENSOR AND TPS, BUT IT STILL DOES THE SAME THING. THERES NO ONE AROUND MY AREA THAT HAS AN IDEA. I THINK IT MIGHT BE MY ECU CAUSE IT LOOKS LIKE IT WAS BEAT TO SH#T. AND ITS CHIPPED BY KS ROM. I TRIED OTHER ECU'S LIKE P28, P30, P72 AND THEY WONT EVEN START MY CAR. I AGAIN THANK ANYONE WHO ANSWERS. PRELUDERR34@AOL.COM

if you can't get your car to start with any other ecu there is something seriously wrong. i'm running an unaltered p28 ecu on my car, and i have friends running unaltered p72's on their car. take it to somebody and just get it over with bro.

i know the same thing happened to two people...cuz of their IAC wire is not hooked up or it's hooked up in the wrong place...causing not able to rev...

:eek: THE PROBLEM IS IN THE DISTRBUTOR THE SENOR,IT IS THREE IN SIDE THE DISTRBUTOR THE TDC/CYP/CKP ALL OF THESE SHOULD BE CHECKED

Ya, have you checked the cylender position sensor inside the distributor? if that is wired wrong or not at all, your car won't rev past 3 grand.

Back