H22 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

james105

I have a 87 accd lx thats in really good condition and i was wondering if i would be able to swap an h22 in and if possible what kind of work am i looking at to get it in...i've looked all over the web for any type of info on this but couldn't find anything not even performance parts for my car. I have the stock motor in there now which is a a20a1(carb) any help at all would be much appreciated. thanks

well if i was serious b4 i'm not anymore... o well i guess it was a shot in da dark, but if any1 has any ideas OTHER THAN SELL THE CAR :lol: feel free to share them :)

hey, I met some guy here in wichita who put an h22 in 87 lx so to let you know it is possible to do that swap. the only thing is, there's somewhat a lot of money involved and alot of converting shit. dont sell the car!!!!!!!! :angry:

awww.....lucky basterd, but that was just a dream reality kicked in soimma sell the car and pick up a 93 accd much much easier h22 swap... thanks neway man

Yeah, the H22 is possible just LOTS OF CUSTOMIZING. Plus you have a carb....not worth it (Believe me, I know....same car). Get a weber. Cheaper and easier to install.

The B18C1 has been done. Still, hard as hell to install.

http://www.3geez.com/: 86-89 Accords, tells ya anything you need to know.

And don't sell it! Those pop-up headlights are the best!

i wanted to repain my si blue but since i couldn't fix the fast idle problem i decided to hold out on that then i decided to change motor.....but i posted a post on that site about my fast idle prob so hopefully sum1 there can help me if so i might reconsider selling it :D

You can swap a first gen b16a1 into it. There is going to be a lot of work to convert from carb to fuel injected though.

Talk to the guys on 3geez they have a lot of info on that site and some pretty knowledgeable and well experienced members. I would like to swap a b16a1 into my 88 LX as well...throw on a Jackson Racing SC and have the ultimate sleeper. ;)

Hey james105! If you want to keep it carbed, you can try the JDM 3rd gen Accord engine. It's the B18A (dual carbed with DOHC) rated @ 130hp. It's EXTREMELY HARD to find though. Most people on 3geez have done the JDM 3rd gen Accord B20A though (injected DOHC) rated @ 160hp and 140tq. Again, another hard one to find.

The carb people usually seem to do DCOE webbers.

Have you decided on FI or carb?

Back