h22 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

smooth95

I have a 95 accord lx manual trans. Do I need to get new motor mounts for my h22 swap. . I went to a couple of shops and some said that I need to buy motor mounts and if theres anything else I need to know it will be very helpfull it is still staying obd1. Thank you

I just finish swapping a H22A into my 1995 Accord too. The only mounts I had to replace were the front mount, and the left-side mount. I needed to replace the left-side mount, so the transmission would sit properly. Also, depending on the condiition of your mounts. You may need to replace all of them.

Also, your car is OBD1, and if your H22A (JDM) motor is OBD1 (92-96), then you'll be fine.

Originally posted by NyQuiL_AcCoRD@Sep 4 2004, 07:29 PM
I just finish swapping a H22A into my 1995 Accord too. The only mounts I had to replace were the front mount, and the left-side mount. I needed to replace the left-side mount, so the transmission would sit properly. Also, depending on the condiition of your mounts. You may need to replace all of them.

Also, your car is OBD1, and if your H22A (JDM) motor is OBD1 (92-96), then you'll be fine.
[post=386218]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah. The mounts are different in 94-95 Accords from the 90-93 Accords.

I did a F22A1>F22B1 swap recently. The driver's side mount was very different. A 92 Accord mount slaps right on a H22A, no mods. Sooooo, I believe you could just use an older Accord mount on the H22A. I did. They probably don't cost much from the junkyard. As for the wear, I wouldn't worry about it much. My 92 Accord had 216k on the F22 before the swap. I reused the mounts with no ill effects. Buy a new dogbone thrust mount(exhaust side). Those hold the motor under torque, and wear out much sooner. I bought a replacement off of Ebay for somewhat cheap. ;)

I did this swap, and didn't replace any mounts. The driver's side mount needs to be modified to make it work, but that's about it.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Sep 7 2004, 10:02 AM
I did this swap, and didn't replace any mounts. The driver's side mount needs to be modified to make it work, but that's about it.
[post=386914]Quoted post[/post]​

That's the mount I was talking about. I'm pretty sure you could just use a 90-93 F22 driver's side mount. There's a bit of difference between the F22A and F22B1, including that mount.

Originally posted by tab@Sep 7 2004, 08:38 PM
That's the mount I was talking about. I'm pretty sure you could just use a 90-93 F22 driver's side mount. There's a bit of difference between the F22A and F22B1, including that mount.
[post=387292]Quoted post[/post]​

Wow, wish I had known that when I did my swap. I also wish that I had read your post thoroughly before opening my yap. :)

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Sep 8 2004, 08:48 AM-->
@Sep 7 2004, 08:38 PM
That's the mount I was talking about.  I'm pretty sure you could just use a 90-93 F22 driver's side mount.  There's a bit of difference between the F22A and F22B1, including that mount.
[post=387292]Quoted post[/post]​

Wow, wish I had known that when I did my swap. I also wish that I had read your post thoroughly before opening my yap. :)
[post=387396]Quoted post[/post]​

Bah, I've been corrected by you many a time:)

I didn't know myself before that 95 to 92 swap, since the F22A mount worked perfectly in my 92 Accord attached to the H22A. I swear I looked all over for this mount to Frankenstein when I did the H22A swap, but didn't find it. Didn't expect a problem with a F22B1 in a 92 Accord, but I had to modify the driver's side mount. Even the part that bolts to the engine itself is different, and can't be moved over.

I believe so. I have not tested this theory, but a used mount cannot cost much.

I REALLY honestly think that a 90-93 mount will work perfectly in a 94-95 Accord H22 swap.

If you can't find a mount for cheap, I'll sell you mine for a small fee plus shipping. I have my H22 out of my old car, and I bought a different 92 Accord. So, I of course already have a replacement mount when I get around to the swap.

I know Honda rips you off on small things.

Email me if you are interested in swapping a 92 mount for your 95 mount.

I FINALLY GOT IT A 94 JDM H22 MOTOR, LSD TRANNY WITH A P13 AND THEY EVEN HOOKED ME UP WITH A MOTOR MOUNT :p

Easy on the CAPS LOCK kiddo!!!!

j/k :p

Congratulations, and welcome to the club(mostly cool people).

If that mount works out for you, I'd still be interested in the 95 mount. Definitely come back and let us know for sure if the 90-93 mount works in your car without modification.

Sure Ill let you guys know how it comes out also they gave me a prelude motor mount not a accord mount that will still work correct

I believe that is exactly what you want.

I am just guessing on this...........but I believe that all of the engine packages were designed to fit the same chassis mounting locations for the F and H series engines. However, the 94-95 accord mounts were shaped differently, and yet land in the same place. Basically, I believe if you get the right mount for the engine that you are installing, it should go smoothly.

IE: I'd like your 95 mount for the F22B1 that I put into my friends 92 Accord. The stud side fit right on, and lined the mount up perfectly to the chassis, but the threaded side is airborne. I'd rather just try the correct mount, but have no 95's in my local junkyards.

I do have two extra 92 mounts........

also I think later down the road Im gonna go turbo any idea what kind of clutch I should get Im thinking stage 2 but what brand would be good because now that the engine is out I think I should get a new clutch

go with an ACT Stage 2 or stage 3 "5 puck" clutch. its good for up to 320 HP!!

I finally figured how to post pix yo here is one of my h22
gallery_30027_151_1098503591.jpg

Finally yo I can actually call myself a hondaswap member

Back